Approx. what marks would I need? (1 Viewer)

evilflic

Supreme Member
Roseville/Chatswood (Sydney)... soon to be St Luci
HSC
I really want to get 99+, but I'd be happy with anything above 98.
My subjects are in my sig- 4maths 4eng 2phys 2chem. What HSC marks would I need to get, assuming my internal marks and ranks were fairly good? My school is ranked 16th.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon band 6s for 10units to get 99+, but one band 5 for a 98 UAI.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
evilflic said:
If I got, say, high Band 5 for 4u maths and 3u maths, but band 6 for everything else, would 99+ still be possible?
yes, u'd have to get mid band 6's for everything else though, considering that scale okay

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
evilflic said:
If I got, say, high Band 5 for 4u maths and 3u maths, but band 6 for everything else, would 99+ still be possible?
It's possible, you would need mid-high band 6s to counter the band 5s. But a 98+ is pretty definite with those results.

Valupatitta

HSC
wtf is wrong wif u! 3 u maths is soooo easy! 4 u maths, on the other hand .... *shifty*

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I don't know. It depends every year because UAI is a rank that compares you to the rest of the state. So in simple term, the dumber the state is, the better your UAI can be.

But the continuing trend shows that you probably need low Band 6s for all your subjects to get 99+ or mid Band 6s with one Band 5 or high Band 6s with few Band 5s.

All in all, you probably need UAI aggregate of 445+/500 to achieve 99 UAI anyway. Play with SAM, Einstein or JUAI to see the variety of combinations.

blabla91

HSC
3u maths was my worst subject, my raw assessment mark that i ended up handing in was 86 and i thought it was literally impossible for me to get a band 6 (E4 for me) especially after i approximated an 80% raw mark on the actual paper.. in the end it came out with a 47 i.e 94.. dont doubt that you can get a band 6.. it is possible! especially if you are doing 4u then you are better than me and can definitely do it...

In terms of what marks you need to get, considering u have reasonably similar subjects to me, i've been playing around with uai calculators etc and it would really help if you did well in the sciences they scale very well if you go well in them, obviously you need a good english mark but ive found its helpful to get a high advanced mark as the extensions don't do as well as you would expect. Overall, you can afford to get some a high band 5s... but if your english, phys and chem are in the mid band 6's you'll do well.

on another note, i notice you're uni aspirations are exactly the same as mine, i want to continue physics and do law.. are you planning on doing combined science/law?

dp624

HSC
About 447 is a 99.00 UAI. So you'd need to average ~89 scaled marks.
For 4u, you'd need about 86
3u is about 91
Eng is about 92
EngX1 and 2 is about 46.5
Chem phys about 91.5

So yes. low band 6s in general

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)