Are all international students curry and asian? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, there are international students from England and the UK. Also, had a classmate who was from France.

Exotic

HSC
Not really, there are students from other countries as well. I'm from Macedonia. Though it is true that most of the students are from Asian or Indian background.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the reason we like to associate international students with Indians and East Asians is because they stand out in the crowd. A lot of the European and North American international students tend to look a lot like the rest of the crowd, so we don't notice them.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i have a few canadian/us students in my course.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm seeing (and hearing) a lot more American/Canadians now at uni

might talk to them about jeopardy

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Most of the internationals in my Petroleum course are from the Middle East ( probably sponsored by local corporations or governments)

Why the racism?Does it pain you to say Indian?
I'm curry. I prefer to be labelled curry over Indian, because I'm not Indian.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Then again, you went to SBHS, where there's generally a culture of labelling like that (and everyone is fine with it), so you've got a bit of tough skin when it comes to ethnic 'profiling'. Same with all the Asian jokes/insults, there's really nothing out there at I would find offensive. Just something you're accustomed to.

Exotic

HSC
Most of the internationals in my Petroleum course are from the Middle East ( probably sponsored by local corporations or governments)

Than why not Bangladeshi, Nepali, Pakistani or whatever you are? I thought you'd get offended if you got labelled as a "curry".

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Then again, you went to SBHS, where there's generally a culture of labelling like that (and everyone is fine with it), so you've got a bit of tough skin when it comes to ethnic 'profiling'. Same with all the Asian jokes/insults, there's really nothing out there at I would find offensive. Just something you're accustomed to.
This, most of my subcontinental friends have no issue with being called curry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)