Are any Year 11s going to the Uni Open Days? (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
tanjin said:
Isn't it a better idea to go in year 12? Since you might have a better idea about what you want to do after high school when school's so close to ending? Going in yr 11 might give you ideas but most people change their mind quickly, and they'd probably end up going to the open days in year 12 again.
I'm going this year because I assume they'll be on around the same time next year which will be right before my trials.
Besides, I have a pretty good idea of what i want to do.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Sparcod said:
But still, it's sure worth going to. :p
I'm not saying it's not worth going to! I think it's a great opportunity to get some clarifications on your chosen uni and courses etc. but what im trying to say is that if you're the type of person that constantly changes his/her mind - it might be better to go in yr 12 when you may be a bit more sure of yourself. By all means go if you want to - i'm not trying to stop anyone from going. :)

cfair

Banned
HSC
i'm probably hiring a horse n cart to take me down for usyd, look out for a clean shaven dude sprouting a flannelette shirt, stubbies, thongs and a half smoken pack of winnie blues.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
cfair said:
i'm probably hiring a horse n cart to take me down for usyd, look out for a clean shaven dude sprouting a flannelette shirt, stubbies, thongs and a half smoken pack of winnie blues.
sif you're clean-shaven. your bushbeard is almost as thick as your eyebrows.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
tanjin said:
I don't remember saying anything about it being expensive and only for a select group of people. :p
I don't remember either. :D
Nor did I say that you did.

tanjin said:
I'm not saying it's not worth going to!
We know you didn't. There wasn't a need for you to point that out but after we read this:
Isn't it a better idea to go in year 12?
We thought you were! :rollseyes:

magpam said:
Q. what is the point in going to uni open days??? (not to say its bad or anything ... just asking)
I think it's worth going to- to check out what maybe your next 2nd home.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
im goin to both of usyd n unsw open days =)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
There's just that problem where MACQ and UNSW are on the same day and USYD has theirs on the same day as UTS.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Sparcod said:
Open days are for anyone and it doesn't cost any thing. UNSW and USYD provide free bus services to and fro Cental Station. You may go there for enlightment.
Yes, you did. You brought it up.
Sparcod said:
We thought you were! :rollseyes:
You took it out of context. I never said it wasn't worth going to. I said wouldn't it be a better idea for those year 11s who change their minds quite often to go in year 12, when they're more certain about what they want to do.
tanjin said:
Isn't it a better idea to go in year 12? Since you might have a better idea about what you want to do after high school when school's so close to ending? Going in yr 11 might give you ideas but most people change their mind quickly, and they'd probably end up going to the open days in year 12 again.
Clearly, im not saying that it's not worth it, when i've just said that it would be a better idea to go in year 12 --- :mad1:
I'm going to the UTS open day myself....

Last edited:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
My school is so awesome, we get the unis to come to US. I didn't go to the uni info night though.

Evergreen

HSC
I might go to the UTS one next saturday...iwas hoping to go to the UNSW 1 but that 1 is right before my yearlys and that would be a huge risk to my marks...

fe2008

HSC
yer i want to go to UNSW - but im scared about my yearly marks as well :S

fe2008

HSC
hahahaha coz my parents are pains in the royal arse- they take everything literally

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
cfair said:
it's year 11, who gives a shit. it means nothing.
that's what I was thinking :/

anyway, my friends are cocks and have decided they want to go to my school's multicultural fair instead of sexying it up at UTS/USYD. so yeah, I'm pretty cut right now.

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
Great idea to go, i did last year. doesn't matter what unis u go to as long as u do more than one. If you consider everything it should help. I completely snobbed engineering but turns out its more than i thought it was, so just be open minded and grab all the big free stuff you can find. If you try and think of all the things you don't know about uni its a good idea to ask the general info people or students.

Basically it helps heaps since you'll panic much less about it when trial and HSC exams come around. Funny that we gain access to make uni selections the same time that we should be studying for trials.

P.S its true, everything in year 11 becomes completely redundant in 12, except maths. Another piece of advice for 11ers. Make sure you know your 11 maths stuff before going into 12, since its shit having to learn basic stuff in the middle of difficult stuff. unless you're going general maths. pfffff then you're just a quitter

fe2008

HSC
Jachie said:
that's what I was thinking :/

anyway, my friends are cocks and have decided they want to go to my school's multicultural fair instead of sexying it up at UTS/USYD. so yeah, I'm pretty cut right now.

hahaah my friends are to lazy to even think about comming :p

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
It would probably take longer getting there then it would perusing the place. especially UNSW, they got this mega long path through the campus that goes up to where the open day is being held, and once you get off the bus you can see down said path all the way to the end, so then you're walking along it for about 20 or 30 minutes thinking your getting closer when you're not. it was the worst. Actually UTS was the worst, since its a boring old building and that's it

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
My school is so awesome, we get the unis to come to US. I didn't go to the uni info night though.
That's only cos you're in the middle of bloody everywhere.

Damn it I'm planning my info sessions and there's no way I could make both undergrad law and physics without staying till 4. Which I don't want to do. Torn now. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)