Are SIBT courses in macqaurie university expensive? (1 Viewer)

andy69

HSC
im thinking of doing an SIBT course if i dont make it to university thought the hsc,i just wanna know are SIBT expensive and are they good.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Yes they are decent. However, they cost $20,000 for the first year - so yeah, its very very expensive making it not worth it imo. You would be better off going to another uni and transferring, or doing a different degree within MacQ

andy69

HSC
so do you think it will be better by doing tafe or maybe going to a business college instead of sibt.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes they are decent. However, they cost $20,000 for the first year - so yeah, its very very expensive making it not worth it imo. You would be better off going to another uni and transferring, or doing a different degree within MacQ
The whole diploma is $18k, where an entire degree is like $25,000 - $30,000 so yeah pretty $$

Source.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
im thinking of doing an SIBT course if i dont make it to university thought the hsc,i just wanna know are SIBT expensive and are they good.
I've heard from other SIBT students that they really enjoyed SIBT - they liked how it was very structured, lots of "hand-holding" from the teachers, and generally that their units are easier than the uni units. They also have a pretty new building.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
so do you think it a good option to choose?
I'm not sure to be honest. On one hand you get security because it's really easy to get into MQ Uni from SIBT. You don't need to worry as much as someone who is transferring from another university and your subjects are pretty much exempt. On the other hand $18,000 is a lot of money for what will be the equivalent of one year of university study.

It ultimately comes down as to whether you think you're getting good value.

Last edited:

keithwf

HSC
N/A
I've heard from other SIBT students that they really enjoyed SIBT - they liked how it was very structured, lots of "hand-holding" from the teachers, and generally that their units are easier than the uni units. They also have a pretty new building.
I spent the 1st year there myself
and yeah it was awesome in terms of academics and class size
1 BIG problem is 95% of the students there are Chinese, you will eventually feel sick of being there just because you rarely hear English (yes just Chinese) even in the class.

Jailbait

HSC
It's a fucking rip off worst service provided, at that money you would be expecting something better. Better off at tafe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)