for my school it becomes official next term...such a scary thought

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i'm still yr 11 next term too... can't jig sport yet.. until next year

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
yeah i think ur still in year 11 next term until the 2nd week of school... due to when ur subject courses end or something *shrugs*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i think we officially start our courses week 2 cuz my friend who's starting doesn't start til then, but as far as i know all my teachers plan to start the course soon as we get back

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My school starts the HSC work first day back, but the paperwork for dropped/picked up courses isn't done till about 2 weeks in, so... until then you have to keep what you want to drop.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hmm we did our subject selection/dropping for yr 12 like 2 months ago so i think we dont have to keep going to dropped classes

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Our school is scabby! ( well not really) but they said we are offically year 12 once we: return textbooks, pay all fees owing, get our subject signs formed, etc etc

I think it will be confusing though if we are called year 12, next term. I mean if you talk to people and tell them you are in year 12, people automatically think of the hsc .. and it will be like: no i am just starting year 12.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
we dont start the hsc course to about 8 weeks in for maths ( we are soooooo far behind like topics behind) but for all other courses we start pretty much straight away i think

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
lol, that's about the same for our maths too! except for physics and chemistry we're starting pretty much straight away.Although we don't officially become yr 12's till week three when everyone has changed/dropped subbies.

Anyone get egged today>? our school had muck up day today..

HSC
youre actually still in year 11 til next year. its just that you start your hsc work next term.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
yeah its hard for maths. Even though we havent finished the ancient history course for prelim, we are starting the hsc ( coz its not like you use the prelim course, you just use the skills gained) but for maths you really have to finish prelim to progress to hsc ..

S

Sheehan :)

illusory said:
youre actually still in year 11 til next year. its just that you start your hsc work next term.

well if ur doing HSC work i quess u should be considered yr 12

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
our school doesnt start yr 12 til bout week 5 or something, its crap, i could use those extra 5 weeks to learn more stuff but noooo... and i wanna drop retail damnit but i have to wait :( but we're still recieving year 12 work to do... i dont understand

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
we got called year 12 at school today!!!! they call us year 12 2005, and the others get called year 12 2004

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)