Are you a trusting person? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm not a very trusting person - it mainly comes about from having to wage war at home to maintain privacy about even the littlest things. Even when I have attempted to confide in medical professionals, that trust too has been violated by my parents. So I guess I'm just so used to forcing my family out of my life that by default I force everyone else out; whether it be by using extreme melodrama, crude jokes, insults or simply withdrawing. Sometimes of course people come along who can actually see through all of that and I end up trusting them eventually.

daviet

HSC
I usually trust everyone, which is bad cause I tend to blurt out unwanted secrets

ellen.louise

HSC
kami said:
I'm not a very trusting person - it mainly comes about from having to wage war at home to maintain privacy about even the littlest things. Even when I have attempted to confide in medical professionals, that trust too has been violated by my parents. So I guess I'm just so used to forcing my family out of my life that by default I force everyone else out; whether it be by using extreme melodrama, crude jokes, insults or simply withdrawing. Sometimes of course people come along who can actually see through all of that and I end up trusting them eventually.
That's sad. Sort of like an extreme version of your sister reading your diary *I dont have one any more. Partly that reason*
Parents can have a way of training you to hate having them around.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Legham said:
Can you people give some examples of how people can lose your trust? :S Nobodys ever done anything to me that could lose my trust, and i can't even imagine an example..
telling someone something and they go and tell someone else.
someone telling you they are not going to do something and then you see them do it or hear them talk about it.
have people tell you "i'm said i wouldn't say anything but..."

Serius said:
hell no, iam a very untrusting cynical person. Everyone has an angle and everyone lies, they will roll over you to get to their goal because only they matter. People usually think about this with money, like corporate fights and manipulation, but its true for everything. Ever seen mothers trying to get the best for their kid?

That said, i can trust people i know to act in a certain way. Some friends i know i can trust them to have my back in a fight[because they like fighting, or they have a strong sense of loyalty] other friends i can trust to be the responable driver, you know things like that. Secrets i dont trust to anyone unless i have to, i never got the whole idea of "friends sharing secrets" sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, why give a possible future enemy ammunition to backstab you with?

I mostly trust my family, but my sister is pretty socially unaware and gullable, if i say had hemmroids or something i would have to specifically tell her not to tell anyone, otherwise she would just blurt it out like this "well on saturday i visted my bro in hospital, he was in there to get hemmroids removed" even then its not a safe thing because she might forget she wasnt supposed to say something. My mum is the biggest gossip ever, never tell anything you want kept a secret. My dad is alright, but sometimes he tells mum.

i guess now you can see why i dont really trust anyone.
i pretty much agree with that. you can trust certain people in certain situations to act in certain ways, but only to an extent.
if you tell someone a 'secret' it will be passed on at some point. especially if you tell a friend. friends come and go, making them less able to be trusted as in a year they might not have any loyalty to you. family is more trustworthy, because family doesn't change, they always have a tie to you. but the 'secret' is likely to spread throughout the family, but hopefully stay within the limits of the family, but with certain family members even that isn't certain.

so to put it simply, i trust people partially, but always have in the back of my mind that they could stuff me around, and when they do it only strengthens my thoughts that i shouldn't trust anyone and i never trust that person again. of course, the reason i trust people partially is because there are those who haven't broken the trust yet, and i appreciate that.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ever since my best friend got falling down drunk and declared she was breaking up with her boyfriend- she decided to blame it all on me, I'd put her up to it, etc.
I hate women.
That's a loss of trust. We'd had so many good times, secrets, etc.. Oh well :p

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
Do you trust people easily?
No.
how many people do you trust thoroughly/almost thoroughly?
One. Maybe two.
how many people you trusted failed you?
Everyone else.

When it comes down to it, people are untrustworthy until they prove otherwise. Most people don't succeed in doing that.

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
I'm not really a trusting person. I trust my parents, sister and boyfriend. It takes a while for people to gain my trust.

T

trolloutaface

tennille said:
I'm not really a trusting person. I trust my parents, sister and boyfriend. It takes a while for people to gain my trust.
same.

I also trust my older brother and 2 of my childhood friends :santa:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm pretty trusting. i tend to trust most people until they give me a reason not to, and then i'll never trust them again ever. there are degrees of trust though, for example there are a couple of friends that i tell pretty much EVERYTHING (i mean, there are limits, but there's v little these 2 people dont know about me)...but i've known them for a looong time and i know that they'd never betray my trust. i know, that sounds gullible but i know they'd never do it.

On the other hand, people i'm not as close to, i tell very little. i trust them in other ways eg i trust them not to talk behind my back, i trust them to support me, be honest with me, etc and i'd trust them to help me if i needed it...but i dont trust them with personal stuff. if they asked, i might share a muted version with them...but yeah like i said there are 2 people in the world who know everything about me and there's not gonna be a 3rd any time soon.

get me drunk, however, and i suddenly get a lot more trusting...in that i mean alcohol acts like truth serum on me, if u get me intoxicated and then start asking me deep meaningful secrets of my life i'd probably tell you and then want to die in the morning :s

i think the reason that i trust a lot of people is because i am a trustworthy person myself (not to sound weird, but i know its true)...so i kinda expect the same thing back, i dont understand the mentality that makes people betray the trust of others. :eek:

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
Do you trust people easily? how many people do you trust thoroughly/almost thoroughly? how many people you trusted failed you?.

-No fucking way
-11 people.
-non so far :)

taki999

HSC
there's only a small amount of people i can trust with stuff such as secrets.etc.
the rest you hope they are trustfully, yet i just never get that feeling even thou their good people.

Legham

HSC
I don't have any secrets that i couldn't tell anyone :/

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ZJ NingNing said:
Do you trust people easily? how many people do you trust thoroughly/almost thoroughly? how many people you trusted failed you?
Do I trust people? No. Aside from my immediate family, I trust almost nobody with anything. I don't believe that they're untrustworthy, I just assume they are. Eventually I might come to trust them a little, but so far I've only met one or two people who fit that definition. However, I have trusted people in the past and they've failed me spectacularly, which probably explains my current state of mind on the issue.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Jason! :wave:

I trust people, but I build up to it, if that makes sense. You test the waters with little pieces of information which, if let slip, wouldn't mean a great deal. I only truly trust a few people, but I try not to let my past experiences turn me into a cynical, old, crabby woman.

That said, I'm probably too open to worry about things I tell people, because most people would already know!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Depends.

There are people I know I can trust at certain situations, but not for others. It's not like I keep count.

As far as close friends go, I probably don't make my decision about them until I've known them and stayed in constant contact with them for at least two years, usually. Anything else I don't get cut about or go "she was my whole life" if they decide to be all devious.

It's mainly having good character judgement, which you can build upon just by listening a lot of observing. Or just being very logical about things. Don't spill out your whole life story and darkest secrets onto someone you've only know for two or three months, you know, simple things.

As far as secrets... There isn't very much a person can hold against me that would really care about.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I trust 3 people, but only one of them i will tell my deepest thoughts to. I'm not a very open people, unless the people i meet give me a reason to be. My perception of people being fake, pretentious fucks, keeps building on me, as i've once known people, whom just change and end up, using, abusing and lying to me. And yet, i get told the same thing of why i act the way i do, and why people don't trust me, although they never see into my perspective of things. Perhaps thats why i've forced a lot of people out of my lives, but true friends can clearly be defined, as they are able to see through flaws and what your character really comprises of.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)