Are you guys proud/ ashamed of studying at UWS? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol ... if idiots in my fuckin uni make the census dates, they'd sure as hell make it in uws.

Ziva

Banned
HSC
UWS grads will probably find it harder getting jobs in the super competitive industrys of finance/law etc. When it comes to marketing it's all about exp., so doing internships/EC's, will put you ahead of a usyd/unsw marketing grad with no exp.

I know personally someone who went to UWS and did marketing, 27yo, earning 300k a year + bonuses. 1 in a million though.

MR ORANGE

HSC
i know a guy who is a complete downer spastic doing law at uws, he got 80, then plus 10 bonus points to get into law. so i don't like the idea of some guy like that prosecuting me for being a normal person just because he is a jealous retard
If he finishes the course successfully then what's the problem?

DTFM

HSC
Troll? Do you honestly believe that a person's success is entirely determined by how hard they push themselves? Some people are simply too stupid to succeed in life no matter what they do, and others don't succeed because of circumstances out of their control. Your optimism is cute though.

What uni do you go to?
UWS.

I doubt the job prospects would be any different. I mean it depends on the person themself if they did exceptionally well or not. People shouldn't look at the whole student body in determining the capabilities of the person.
Whether you like it or not employers are just as capable of being biased as any of the trolls in this thread. A UWS degree is simply not worth as much as a degree from USYD or UNSW in many people's eyes.

Sadiah

HSC
Troll? Do you honestly believe that a person's success is entirely determined by how hard they push themselves? Some people are simply too stupid to succeed in life no matter what they do, and others don't succeed because of circumstances out of their control. Your optimism is cute though.
That's actually true.

DTFM

HSC
Well if someone had the motivation to go in the direction where they want to go, and actually reached that goal, regardless of the university then yes, that would be considered successful wouldn't it?
Yes. But unless they actually do reach that goal there is no guarantee that they will reach that goal.

LatK7

HSC
UWS grads will probably find it harder getting jobs in the super competitive industrys of finance/law etc. When it comes to marketing it's all about exp., so doing internships/EC's, will put you ahead of a usyd/unsw marketing grad with no exp.

I know personally someone who went to UWS and did marketing, 27yo, earning 300k a year + bonuses. 1 in a million though.
Very impressive. For that amount of money i take it he/she's very, very good at what he/she does :p

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Very impressive. For that amount of money i take it he/she's very, very good at what he/she does :p
Amazing.

Smashing his targets apparently.

Got paid a huge bonus last week, he didn't reveal a number, but he has invited everyone he is close with to drink on his tab this saturday at cargo bar in the city.

Bananaberry

HSC

Agreed, marketing is all about experience. Uni was not really a factor when I went for job interviews, they were more concerned about previous work experience and my skills.
My cousin is a UWS finance graduate with honors and he's actually doing quite well for himself. I think he started earning 60k after finishing his honors, but that was about 5 years ago, dont know what he's on now.

Chrissiieee

HSC
Guise

this was originally posted in another thread:
I'm currently doing a Bachelor of Arts but am considering applying for a Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching mid-year and I want to know if I would keep my old GPA. The Graduation Policy seems to indicate that I would get a new GPA even if I transfer credit from my old course, but I'd like to hear first hand accounts from people who have done similar.
Buh plz answerrr

LatK7

HSC
Amazing.

Smashing his targets apparently.

Got paid a huge bonus last week, he didn't reveal a number, but he has invited everyone he is close with to drink on his tab this saturday at cargo bar in the city.
Well good on him. Always great to hear about grads doing well for themselves!

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
it would depend on the degree ppl are doing, but some degrees @ UWS have such a greater demand, most are pretty low.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
well... to be frank, i'd rather a lawyer who go 95+ atar to defend me for a rape charge than someone who go round 80.
a lawyer with a honours + HD rather than someone with a high ATAR, ATAR doesn't mean shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)