• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you ready for year 12? (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yup. and to kick ass, I need:

- good teachers (teachers change next term :()
- motivation (no doubt I already have :D)
- brains (which means sleeping earlier and studying!)
- good organisational skills

jenga218

HSC

This past year I've been lacking in most of these... :uhoh:
Hopefully for year twelve I'll be able to turn off the distractions and actually do my best (which people keep telling me ought to be much better than I'm doing).

saberbladexx

HSC

Time management plays a huge role in the HSC, i'm worried about this factor the most:uhoh:

Freakstyler09

HSC
Nobody Will ever be ready, take it as experience from this years current yr 12. Yr 12 absolutely f..ing sucks, except for the formal n school friends... It is absolutely something that could drive u crazy n give u heaps of anxiety attacks, depression n everything. Just don't stress about it now, just have fun, coz it's gonna be ur last free holidays LOLZ...that's not counting procastination in yr 12. Heaps of people procastinate. :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Nobody Will ever be ready, take it as experience from this years current yr 12. Yr 12 absolutely f..ing sucks, except for the formal n school friends... It is absolutely something that could drive u crazy n give u heaps of anxiety attacks, depression n everything. Just don't stress about it now, just have fun, coz it's gonna be ur last free holidays LOLZ...that's not counting procastination in yr 12. Heaps of people procastinate. :)
their pain = my pleasure. The cheap way to kick ass :D (i.e by eliminating competition)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

'Could' being the main word here, if you let it. But it most definitely doesn't have to. Don't stress yourself out because you think you should be stressed out.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think at times, stress is good to help you get good marks in an exam..however, at times, it can hinder your performance. An appropriate amount of stress will be positive for you. I hope my stress levels in Year 11 will not increase in Year 12. (but there's no doubt that they will!)
During exams, the number of hours I sleep can be less than 5 due to stress and this is detrimental to my health + academic performance. I seriously need to start stressing less..

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I was just wondering:

Do you think that the academic performance of one in Year 11 can change A LOT in Year 12?

saberbladexx

HSC
I was just wondering:

Do you think that the academic performance of one in Year 11 can change A LOT in Year 12?
Depends on the difference of amount of studying change from yr11 to yr12.

And the person's intellectual capability.

I think my performance will improve cause' i've done no studying and only cramped in yr 11, and i have the commitment and moviation to study for year 12 so i know i will improve.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think my performance will improve cause' i've done no studying and only cramped in yr 11, and i have the commitment and moviation to study for year 12 so i know i will improve.
hmm.. I will probably go downhill then... :evilfire:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I need to get physics into the top 10 then i'll be set, atm its not looking good for me either.:lol:
ahh so you're on 10 units. you're ranks show that you're very good at science, which means you could be good at maths. It's a shame that you didn't pick any Maths. That's like the opposite of me. I'm going to do 4units of maths, yet I'm not doing any Science :p

hehe and you're doing standard english like me! are you aiming for band 6 in that? I am ;)
Let's hope it doesn't drag us down.

Good luck making it into the top 10 in physics :D

saberbladexx

HSC
hehe and you're doing standard english like me! are you aiming for band 6 in that? I am ;)
Let's hope it doesn't drag us down.

Good luck making it into the top 10 in physics :D
LOL for standard i have no clue what i'm aiming for lol, in our prelims i got 32/60 for my exam(3 essays), but like everyone around me failed lolz.
Have to wait till week 2 when i get my report to know my rank. Apparently our school is good at std though (6 b6's last yr, and 70% got b4 or above).

Yea we're opposite lol, you're doing the max maths units and i'm doing the max science units, but neither of the other one.

I think i can push into top 10 physics when i go all out, mostly been doing nothing this year in physics because i read somewhere year 11 phy is irrelevent for hsc, LOL.

Andre_37

HSC
hey, ive just noticed this blog. and im kinda worried about how year 12 is looking for me after how my prelims went. I studied so much for the exams yet i never got the results i hoped and expected for which made me pretty unmotivated :( . can you suggest any study patterns or techniques to solve it? i just wanna get on top of yr 12 so i can get some decent marks lol. Cheers

saberbladexx

HSC
hey, ive just noticed this blog. and im kinda worried about how year 12 is looking for me after how my prelims went. I studied so much for the exams yet i never got the results i hoped and expected for which made me pretty unmotivated :( . can you suggest any study patterns or techniques to solve it? i just wanna get on top of yr 12 so i can get some decent marks lol. Cheers
What went wrong in the exam?, Did you not have the knowledge or not know how to answer the question? Have to know this before people can give you sound advice.

Andre_37

HSC
oh sorry, shoulda said that. well basically, before and during the exam i felt confident about the questions and my answers, but when i got them back it turbed out that i was only getting 1 of 3 marks for example. and in maths, it was a matter of not knowing how to apply the formulas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)