Are you working? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Really? I tend to write down essentially everything. Even to the point of spelling mistakes.

Like, when I went to this English Modules thing last year - and my class hadn't watched Blade Runner yet. I wrote "Nexus" as "Anexus" because that's what I heard the lecturer say... I lol'd in hindsight.

Or when my EX2 mentor suggested I read some "JD Salenger", oh wow... how silly I was =P

Aquawhite: Yeah, they do. They sent an email saying they needed someone to help out for a disabled student.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
i tend not to listen in to much detail, which i guess i should change from here on in :S it makes it kinda difficult.
i'm also pretty lazy. i'm thinking of getting a voice recorder thingy for lectures, or just use my phone.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
i tend not to listen in to much detail, which i guess i should change from here on in :S it makes it kinda difficult.
i'm also pretty lazy. i'm thinking of getting a voice recorder thingy for lectures, or just use my phone.
Sounds a great idea in principle, however you will most likely never listen to the tapes ever. Most lectures are at least audio recorded and made available online to students enrolled in the course anyway.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
gosh if i was denied travel concession on the basis of my employment, id simply quit since >50% of my weekly wage would be spent on train tickets.
Why don't you just get a MyMulti pass.. it's $20.50 a week for trains and buses anywhere in Sydney.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
^Isn't that only MyMulti 1? You can only go up to Croydon with that.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I've had a job for 3 years now.
I got that UNSW note writing job offer too but it was for some gen ed class that I'm only taking because there was literally no other class worth taking. Applying for the job would mean having to turn up to a lecture that I don't want to go to every week and taking notes for a subject I don't give a crap about. Y'know. It ain't gonna happen.

twistedrebel

HSC
the UNSW writing thing, is it some special requirement or something for it?

red-butterfly

HSC
Yes I'm working, but not full time so i still qualify for travel concession

suling

HSC
I am working at big w, as I have been for the last 3 and a half years. :/

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I'm working a few tutoring jobs, atm its only 4 hrs a week hoping to bump that up to at least 8, if the damn coaching firm I'm working with can get me more than my current measly 1 hr a wk. The other 3 is from a private tutoring proposition I somehow luckily managed to land.

If I'm thinking of going into part time retail in the future, would work experience as a tutor help in applying for a job in that sector?

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
nah not at the moment ay lost me job last august. took it pretty hard ay, couldnt lay off tha piss, started beatin up me missus. she nearly left me, scared tha fuk out of me cos who would i have 2 do my cookin and cleanin ay lads? so i stopped beatin on her, but i cant let go of me piss i luv it two much. gettin tha dole from centrelink at tha moment lads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)