Art Express? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hey not-that-bright, i LOVE your BOW, i wish i could make digital images like that. You'll get into art express easy. May i ask what programs u used and did u do any courses to learn how to make art like that? Im really interested
I did my hsc in 2004 :eek:
I did not make it to art express lol

I did no courses I am just a nerd and I played with photoshop / 3d programs for a long time.

Juni: I can't work out what their themes are personally.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey Helani
I got in
James Nau got in
and a guy called Nick

Yeah

penciltron

HSC
teacher called me, mine's been preselected
2 people from our school got in
my work is in the major works thread if you want to see.

sophieG

letters?

those that sent their work to sydney, has anyone got their letters yet? or found out. just curious.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
8 people from my school got shortlisted. I dont do art but all of my close friends in my group do, and they all got shortlisted. Im not surprised either, all of their pieces were just... amazing

helani

HSC
James87 said:
Hey Helani
I got in
James Nau got in
and a guy called Nick

Yeah
hey congratulations james! good stuff. can't remember nick's one... but i remember yours and the other james. they were good *nods head*. congrats

samuel™

HSC
people seem to be saying that last years art express exhibition was a bit questionable.
well i can say, that my work will fit in perfectly this year, seeing that i was mistakingly selected. i can't express the pity i feel for the 4 or so works that were so much better than mine but were unsuccessful.
im drunk right now in celebration.
peace.

lucyb29

HSC
hey .. i got preselected too .. can't believe it!!!! it's nice to find out you've got a good mark in ONE thing in this lame hsc ... lol especially at the rate im going in these exams, far out!!

.. so here are some piccies of my bow ... i did four big drawings ... umm the title was something along the lines of "erasure removes the artists mark .. so is this drawing?" each drawing is quite large ... umm from memory it's approx 1.3m x 1.0m .. enjoy!!

ps. i couldn't decide whether BOW 4 should be horizontal or vertical, so yeah it goes both ways :p ... i cropped one of henson's photographs for the work, you will probably recognise it..

arooshika...

HSC
bondal said:
if u didnt get nominated, sidelined, shortlisted or whatever does that mean you got below the 45/50 mark or whatever the cut off is?
no it doesnt, its just what the board of shitties dont want

cause one guy did a video and it was really cool except there was a bit of swearing so he couldnt get in

this other guy also did a video but a 3d animated one and he got in and his twin did 2 really cool paintings and got one mark below him for the trials but didnt get in
i just hope there wont be any competition between them 2

but to honestly say the yr 11 works are better than hsc works from our school.

HSC
N/A
lil_dudette said:
but to honestly say the yr 11 works are better than hsc works from our school.
Yes, that seems to be the case at my school this year too. Bar maybe one or two year twelve students, the rest were just really really hopeless.

I went to an exhibition at a local school, and the year 11 works were absolutely amazing.... even better than the year 12 works (which were very very good)

I have a feeling the class of '06 is going to be very very competitive in Visual Arts.

Help me!

arooshika...

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
I have a feeling the class of '06 is going to be very very competitive in Visual Arts.

Help me!
i bet class 2006 from our school will have more than 10 nominations because their yr 11 works were honestly way better than most of us.

i feel like doing my work all over again

HSC
N/A
The kids at the NAS Art Extension course were also very very talented.

I am afraid. Haha.

gemblack88

HSC
if you haven't been notified that you've shortlisted by now... can u pretty much assume that you haven't been shortlisted at all? Oh and also, I heard that they shortlist EVERYONE who gets equal to or above 45/50 and then choose from that who will be exhibited according to the theme, regardless of marks. So i didn't really give a crap about actually getting into art express, but was really hoping to get nominated bcoz it means u got a good mark... Is there still a chance?? Or has everyone been notified by now?

lucyb29

HSC
yeah .. i'm really not sure if they have finished shortlisting artworks so there's still a significant possibility your work could be selected!!!!!! :D .. but i know that last year at our school, the works which were not sent off to homebush and left to be marked in the school by external markers were not considered for artexpress simply because they had already finalised the preselection list for artexpress. isn't that just so ridiculous and unfair?? the students last year were very upset!!! so yeah .. artexpress is such a biatch .. and you know they even have certain 'political' requirements when choosing the works?? like they have to balance out where the works come from, such that a few are from a sports school, an agricultural school, a public girls high school, public boys, selective schools, catholic school, rural schools etc etc ... nonsense isn't it!!!

lucyb29

HSC
and if you don't get preselected it doesn't mean you got a bad mark .. if you get a good mark you are not automatically preselected or anything ... so .. stress less!!

Anna D

HSC
isn't it only the ppl that have been itinerantly marked that know so far

helenpoo

HSC
lil_dudette said:
i bet class 2006 from our school will have more than 10 nominations because their yr 11 works were honestly way better than most of us.

i feel like doing my work all over again

Yes! Again, please. Reset button mm?

helenpoo

HSC
lucyb29 said:
hey .. i got preselected too .. can't believe it!!!! it's nice to find out you've got a good mark in ONE thing in this lame hsc ... lol especially at the rate im going in these exams, far out!!

.. so here are some piccies of my bow ... i did four big drawings ... umm the title was something along the lines of "erasure removes the artists mark .. so is this drawing?" each drawing is quite large ... umm from memory it's approx 1.3m x 1.0m .. enjoy!!

ps. i couldn't decide whether BOW 4 should be horizontal or vertical, so yeah it goes both ways :p ... i cropped one of henson's photographs for the work, you will probably recognise it..

Daamn. Nice. And congrats! Mine was about the same size, same quantity, but in charcoal. And I don't think I should go about quality comparing. I hardly believe I'll get anywhere with it, but hopefully good marks xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)