• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Arts/Law (japanese) (1 Viewer)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
anyone want to argue about which uni is better? UNSW or USYD ? for this course?

santaslayer

HSC
UOW, where else? I am happy to be corrected if anyone has the time to play around? :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by frodo
I think you should base your decision on which uni YOU like better
Both Japanese schools are good enough
although I think UNSW would have an edge, due to its international reputation

santaslayer

HSC
That thread is flawed because it does not take into account UOW Law, which in fact, provided the first ever PLT, something you need if you are to practice Law. :)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
aquith what do u study in ur arts degree?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
will never end...some jerk put the usyd law faculty page on all the law computers this morning :|
So that type of stuff happens at other unis too I see. I walked into a lab and every computer had a different university faculty page from UNSW, UWA, RMIT, JCU, ANU and a whole heap of others... some people just have too much time on their hands.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
a friend will do jap in prolly sem 2 at usyd... anyone who's doin it haf any advices, recom's etc???

Originally posted by jay2000
UNSW...OBVIOUSLY :)
lolz... that's subject... =p
jay2000!!!!! how dare u ditch me in chinese forum!!! >.<'

santaslayer

HSC
frodo, type "Law" in the advanced search window. You'll be suprised at how many outcomes you get :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
A Law Building on Main Campus

Student Needs

A SULS Discussion Paper

November 2002

"3.2 Whats wrong with the Current Building?

The current law school has classrooms that are essentially from the 1960s with little improvement. The swinging attached chairs constantly squeak and mean that the classroom set up is inflexible. This prohibits small group discussions within classes and promotes a lecture technique, which the faculty is currently trying to avoid.
That's what CM_Tutor was talking about in one of his posts, which Minai quoted. The inflexibility of the teaching style which was evident to CM_Tutor himself quite a number of years ago, which still has not improved. So his quote was still IN context. LoLz :p

This thread is neither meant to be challenging to other unis (Uni bashing), flamm-ish, nor provocative. Just an observation worth noting down. :p

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I in no way endorse the views of the law society, they'll always find something to whinge about...

And where the hell did you get "still not improved from"?
It is perfectly possible to run a small group discussion class in a lecture hall :uhhuh:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
possible vs. preferable

haha and the quad looked pretty on open day
now i dread going there cos the rooms in there are SO CRAP

oh and someone from the last page.. i don't think you can pick up jap 2nd semester cos 2nd sem units have 1st sem unit prerequisites

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
I in no way endorse the views of the law society, they'll always find something to whinge about...

And where the hell did you get "still not improved from"?
It is perfectly possible to run a small group discussion class in a lecture hall :uhhuh:

1) I understand you disagree with the views of the Law society in your university, I respect that. :) But I even respect the USYD Law society more on the basis that they, as a collective group who have been studying there more years then you, are, IMO, a more "qualified" group to express their views. (Not that your perspective should be belittled in anyway whatsoever). Therefore, I believe the views of your Law Society are more accurate at this stage in time. :)

2) I got the "still not improved" from of course, the source Asqy provided. The report was published in 2002. I am happy to hear any action your university has taken to remedy the failures that the Law society has aired since then (NOV2002), which may correct my previous comment :)

Last edited:

Link

Originally posted by frodo
Law is debateable.
For Japanese, UNSW > USYD.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
HEY!!! u pplz leave usyd alone ok!!! if u wanna talk abt the law soc at usyd, jsut type suls or something... lolz....

i dun wanna feel my 577 compulsory union fee has gone down the drain for nothing... ~~~

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
i dun wanna feel my 577 compulsory union fee has gone down the drain for nothing... ~~~
It hasn't. At least they're crticising (constructively) the layout of your law building and giving recommendations. It's a start :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)