• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Arts/Law (japanese) (2 Viewers)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha santaslayer, i think you really need to draw the line between making a comment and pulling things out of your arse. i'm definitely not the first to jump out and defend usyd with my beaming uni spirit, but it's pretty appalling how you like to make comments on other universities when you haven't experienced their study environments first hand. you might've read some recommendations to improve the usyd law faculty, but your implications with usyd making "a start" to make the law faculty to scratch is quite irritating.
also i don't remember xiao making an inquiry on the standard of the usyd law faculty, or the lack of. stop broadcasting the whole law thing, it's pissing everyone off.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
haha santaslayer, i think you really need to draw the line between making a comment and pulling things out of your arse.
Hahahaha... funny but so true.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ooh..toods = uni police

anyway - you'd think UNSW would be better for asian languages,due to its international heritage and linkages, but who knows really

again, one shouldnt really base a decision on how one subject is better than the same at another uni
choose the uni you feel most comfortable in

santaslayer

HSC
haha santaslayer, i think you really need to draw the line between making a comment and pulling things out of your arse. i'm definitely not the first to jump out and defend usyd with my beaming uni spirit, but it's pretty appalling how you like to make comments on other universities when you haven't experienced their study environments first hand. you might've read some recommendations to improve the usyd law faculty, but your implications with usyd making "a start" to make the law faculty to scratch is quite irritating.
also i don't remember xiao making an inquiry on the standard of the usyd law faculty, or the lack of. stop broadcasting the whole law thing, it's pissing everyone off.
1) I have not pulled anything 'out of my arse' both physically or metaphorically :p. I was only airing my praise to the SULS for handing out recommendations like these which may better improve your university. In no way whatsoever was I intending to start a session of uni bashing. :)

2) Being the 'outsider' to your university, it is inevitable that people like me will rely on all forms of information to come to a conclusion on a particular subject, whether the information is valid or not is not the issue. The issue is the level of influence the information has on us 'outsiders' who may wish to study at USYD. So far, only Asqy has been able to provide 'solid' information to address his point, no one else has used anything to rebute it so therefore, us 'outsiders' may only rely on this one particular source, and IMO it is quite valid.
If you believe my reliance on Asqy's source is in anyway invalid or naiive, then I welcome any other authorised source you may wish to provide to counter exhibit A. :)
At the end of the day, we (yes, you and me and the others) are only posting on this particular thread, with the purest of intentions to help the thread starter to come to a conclusion on which university he/she may want to study in so no fight was intended. I reiterate once more that there was never an intention to bash any uni. :)

3) Xiao commented on his/her uni fees going down the drain for a particular reason. I thought he/she was talking about wasting her uni fees without a resoloution to the recommendations given by SULS. What was your interpretation? Better still, what was xiao conveying? :p I'm sorry if it was I that misinterpreted if that was the case. :p

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha dude, i think xiao meant what the post said literally... which is quite a creative stretch to your interpretation.
you don't need to come to a conclusions, how about like, just shut up. especially when you feel whether your sources are reliable or not "is not the issue"

with what asq posted... i think it's great that these problems are being addressed, but complaining that the air-con is 'erratic', or that the walls aren't lined up with power outlets for a gazillion laptops, or having to walk a few flights of stairs to grab a bottle of coke because the elevator is busy.. aren't exactly serious concerns.
unless the alternative universities you're promoting have all of the facilities addressed and none of the problems encountered.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Umm, from what i know Macq Uni has a pretty intense Japanese course, we are ahead of the UNSW beginner course(or whatever babydoll_ is doing :D ), and have three entry level courses designed for those with no experience, moderate/post HSC experience, and Extensiom experience.

santaslayer

HSC
haha dude, i think xiao meant what the post said literally... which is quite a creative stretch to your interpretation.
you don't need to come to a conclusions, how about like, just shut up. especially when you feel whether your sources are reliable or not "is not the issue"

with what asq posted... i think it's great that these problems are being addressed, but complaining that the air-con is 'erratic', or that the walls aren't lined up with power outlets for a gazillion laptops, or having to walk a few flights of stairs to grab a bottle of coke because the elevator is busy.. aren't exactly serious concerns.
unless the alternative universities you're promoting have all of the facilities addressed and none of the problems encountered.
1) They are not my sources, I am only referring to them.

2) Of course they are not 'serious concerns', you do not do Law. :)

3) Try being in a room, however big or small it is in a 30+degree C day, trying to interpret a statutory provision without being frustrated with the room tempreture. If you can stand those conditions, then I believe I have someone to idolise from this day forwad. :p

4) The alternative universities I have been recommending, namely UNSW and UoW are not without their problems. The issue is whether they have been brought to light, which, BTW, I have consistently been praising the USYD Law Society of doing. :)

5) If I 'do not need to come to conclusions' then I question your repeated defences for USYD trying to justify my interpretations of another fellow forum member. :)

6) Whether these problems have been 'addressed' is yet to be determined. Please choose your words carefully, or other people may be incorrectly influenced. :)

As I have stated before, I do not understand why people become so defensive of their universities. If someone criticised a particular uni like mine, I would actively research the issue at hand and come to an objective conclusion, or rebute it if I was able to, but politely. :)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
jay2000!!!!! how dare u ditch me in chinese forum!!! >.<'
haha..there's nothing there anyway!
all i see is one big massive thread with like 5000 posts and i cant be bothered butting in lol~
chinese forum is like DEAD apart from that thread..post something new~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)