Arts Network Mentoring Program (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
check your usyd email account. she sent an email to me introducing herself, maybe your mentor just doesnt care about you.

HSC
Oi, that's just mean. :p I just checked my USYD mail account...nothing.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I've received about a million letters and emails from them telling me that I'm registered and to go to Eastern Avenue foyer, but there's nothing amidst the deluge that's actually from my mentor. Shame.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
yeah maybe some mentors decided to wait until a bit closer to monday to actually send the email *shrug*, i sent my mentees an email, i hope they appear on the day

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I suppose hope is all we can do. I've got a reply from one of mentees saying she'd definitely be there so I suppose I'll at least have one person to show around.

niteshade1312

HSC
I'm a blue group mentor and sent my 1st years an email straight away! I really do hope they come because I'm going to be the best mentor ever (die last years mentor... grr!!!).

Mentor's.. do you know if we have to stay all of tomorrow because I REALLY have to leave a tad early to be somewhere else?

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Don't worry if your mentor hasn't sent you anything yet. I haven't emailed my group, I'll probably just message them on Sunday. I'm a blue group mentor, btw.

HSC
Anyone know Vivien? She's my mentor.

P.S Is the mentoring program full on for the whole day, coz I'd really like to slip out for a bit and go to the Madsen building to change by damned timetable!! :burn:

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
There's a one hour break for lunch. Should be enough time for you to nick off to Madsen to change timetables. I don't know who Vivien is but I think I'm sharing a room with her for one of the activities. If you see someone walking around campus with a jester hat on, that'll be me.

Mel_b

HSC
One of my friends got a call from his mentor (Hayley) today, but I haven't heard anything from mine yet :(

HSC
Oh yeah and another thing, I don't know if it's just my group but it's all girls! I got the impression it was going to be mixed.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
Today was interesting.... at least squeeky lady wasn't there :S
Seconded.

Buttt they still felt the need to repeat everything and introduce everything (OK now i'm going to talk about blah). We don't need to know what youre about to talk about, just say it.

The whole training program could fit into an hour or two. They do a whole lot of talking but dont say much at all.

edit: in theory it's mixed. In practice it just seems like many more girls sign up than boys.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Well, I think there are more girls doing arts than boys to begin with (something like a 3:1 ratio) so you would expect there to be more girls than guys. That said, I've also noticed that my entire group is made of girls which is kind of odd. I suppose most guys at enrolment day turned the Arts Network sign up form into a paper plane or something to keep themselves amused while waiting in line.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Apparently it's like 60% girls overall or so i've heard but it definitely more apparent in the arts faculty (and the Vetinary department too my friends tell me). I was still surprised to see the bias in gender in the archaeology department even moreso when i did some work experience on an archaeology site recently. Not that I should be complaining if I was any sort of typical male

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)