ASIO Raids (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

asio did some raids recently i think? but then they said there not going to charge anyone?

I wouldnt like a bunch of police bursting into the privacy of my home unless they have a fucking goood reason.

If the government raids people and loooks through all their personal property --- shouldnt the government be forced to compensate people?

Sure the police need to have the power to commit raids etc, but the government should be forced to compensate people for the huge invasion of privacy, wasting peoples time and the trauma - especially when the people are innocent.

Do you think asio/government should compensate people for raiding peoples homes when they are innocent?

I heard that if you are investigated by asio i think its a crime to talk about ur interrogation --- has anyone heard of this?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
What happened to ........?

I believe they should be able to but then they might start charging them with minimal offences to warrant the raids.

I wouldn't be suprised about the last part, a fair bit of sensitive information could be released. I know you can't tell anyone if you apply to ASIO.

tempco

HSC
tattoodguy said:
I heard that if you are investigated by asio i think its a crime to talk about ur interrogation --- has anyone heard of this?
yep, that's right. regardless of how long you've been kept (there is a limit... not sure exactly, i think 3 days just for questioning?), you cannot mention that you were questioned by asio.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
"The crux of modern political governance dictates that individual freedoms are subservient to communal needs...Communism has surfaced one again...and the once famed Red Tide has gained hues of White and Blue." - Justice Kirb-dogga.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We did some stuff on the "anti terror" laws and really it is quite appalling. They can hold you for up to two weeks (I think, memory is rusty) for interrogation, and then when you are released you can't tell anyone where you have been! "Sorry I didn't pick you up from school kids, I went on an unexpected holiday to the Gold Coast for 2 weeks". WTF!

There are some massive loopholes in the terror law and if any bad govt got in they could really use the laws to run a police state if they wanted to. I think they are pretty over the top.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Such is the democracy we live in today and which we endeavour to spread to other countries whether it be by force or otherwise. Long live democracy. Long live freedom of speech. Long live Bush et Howard.

tasco

Yeah I did a legal studies speech on the New Anti Terrorism Bills which were introduced last year. They can detain you for one week without charge, and when u get out u cant tell anyone where u were. :confused: weird aye

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Xayma said:
What happened to ........?

I believe they should be able to but then they might start charging them with minimal offences to warrant the raids.

I wouldn't be suprised about the last part, a fair bit of sensitive information could be released. I know you can't tell anyone if you apply to ASIO.
It's been replaced with ---.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)