Asylum seeker debacle (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/as...g-water-off-bali/story-e6frf7jo-1226435426000

"INDONESIAN authorities have found a boat carrying about 60 asylum seekers that had broken down and started taking on water while on its way to Australia.

The boat issued a distress call last night but a search for the vessel was initially called off because of poor light.

Those aboard the boat also contacted the ABC overnight, saying they wanted to go to Australia and expressing concern that Indonesian search and rescue authorities were trying to locate them.

An Iranian man claiming to be on board the stricken vessel said the vessel only had 15 life jackets on board.

But when told by the journalist that Indonesia's search and rescue authorities had been notified, the man asked: "Why? I come to Australia... No, no, no, no"

The boat is in trouble well inside Indonesian waters, asks for help and then those onboard the boat are concerned that Indonesian rescue authorities are trying to rescue them instead of Australian authorities. Disgusting.

It is not wonder that Australians are becoming more and more opposed to the asylum seeker debacle and as a (an unfortunate) consequence genuine refugees also.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
What if we just gave Christmas Island back to the Indigenous inhabitants?

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
The boat was on land?
They probably don't even know what a boat is.

If I had my way. Every person would be shot on entry.

Fuck of Indonesia we are full. We don't need your kind.

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
Even if they were in Australian waters. I would of let them drown.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The boat was on land?
They were in the coastal inlet just below Suabaya (i.e. just below the red marker labelled A).

Fuck of Indonesia we are full. We don't need your kind.
Perhaps so, although it is not the Indonesians who are getting on the boats and coming to Australia and demanding asylum. Some of the crew on those boats may be Indonesian people smugglers although they are selling the tickets to 'asylum seekers' from other countries by and large. The Indonesian government should be doing more to stop the boats leaving and shutting down the operations although the Indonesian people themselves are not to blame.

Even if they were in Australian waters. I would of let them drown.
Once they are in Australian waters we are bound by international law to help them if they they claim to be in distress.

What if we just gave Christmas Island back to the Indigenous inhabitants?
Elaborate.

Last edited by a moderator:

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
If I could neg you I would. Disgusting.
And yet another reason to bring back rep.

Needless to say. I would let th drown. Legit demanding to obtain asylum is wrong. Especially for them.

Lentern

HSC
And yet another reason to bring back rep.

Needless to say. I would let th drown. Legit demanding to obtain asylum is wrong. Especially for them.
Hardcore bro, hardcore.

hscboi

HSC
to tell you the truth, asylum seekers, from indonesia anyway, should be killed or at least left to drown because they are purposefully annoying the australian government and people.

they steal our jobs, cause crime, deal drugs, dont speak english, are mentally slower than people raised in australia and are thus just a burden. stupid asylum seekers

mirakon

nigga
HSC
to tell you the truth, asylum seekers, from indonesia anyway, should be killed or at least left to drown because they are purposefully annoying the australian government and people.

they steal our jobs, cause crime, deal drugs, dont speak english, are mentally slower than people raised in australia and are thus just a burden. stupid asylum seekers
were you raised in australia?

because I find it hard to imagine any foreigner being slower than you.

hscboi

HSC
yes i am born in australia. how am i being slow...?

sure maybe im being a bit biased but that doesn't indicate any kind of mental retardation, maybe you think that the culture and environment I have been brought up in is unprogressive and unliberal, but I can assure you that I am not mentally slow.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
LOL. Not related to the topic, but my physics teacher started using the word debacle and students in my class started to make fun of him because of they never heard that word before and thought it was a 16th century slang cause he was so old.

sabz1996

HSC
I feel sorry for them because they go through so much by people smugglers in order to receive a better life and leave their country - only to be brought to years being spent in detention centres. But then again why should we be held responsible?
I mean think of the little kids on those dangerous 'boats' (they look more like pieces of wood to me) who have no other choice but to risk their short lives for a better life in Australia. If asylum seekers do arrive, it does not necessarily have to mean that they 'steal jobs' - it could also mean that they allow a stronger economy. Those who are commenting about how they would shoot them or drown them should put themselves in the shoes of the asylum seekers and realise that yes they can dislike the arrival asylum seekers (im not all for it myself) but they don't have to comment such things behind their computer in their comfortable home while the asylum seekers aren't even aware of what will become of them tomorrow. Oh yeah and those who are saying that they are 'slow' - have you had a conversation with them? Have you seen them in real life? How can someone who is a human being exactly like you be slower than you? They may not have an education but remember that education does not determine intelligence. Think of your lives right now - What is the worst case scenario for you? Failing an exam? Cracking your iPhone's screen? There worst case scenario is dying in the middle of nowhere, with no-one. They have no home, they've lost family. As Australians, we have the biggest hearts, we show mateship, we are beautiful and we should also consider others. I am just sharing my view, I understand the point some you guys are trying to make but I mean there is no need to comment on their mental ability or talk of shooting/drowning them. I agree that we shouldn't be bringing them to our country and I also believe that they should try coming here through the proper method/process but we should consider the asylum seekers themselves.

One more point: Some of them do come here and start crime, drugs, etc. but if they want to leave their country then the characters and attitudes that they are bringing from their country should also be left there. I hope that one day all these conflicts in politics, all these wars and everything will stop and justice will be brought forth at last. It as at times like these when we remember what other countries are going through that we realise how lucky we are to be living in such a beautiful country. I love Australia.

HSC
We should just spend them all back. I don't care of their governments want them. Why should Australia be forced to help the mistakes of other countries?

It's their fault. They should deal with it we shouldn't.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
We should just spend them all back. I don't care of their governments want them. Why should Australia be forced to help the mistakes of other countries?

It's their fault. They should deal with it we shouldn't.
UNHCR and Australia did help cause some of the problems in Afghanistan and Iraq. Also it is an absolute disgrace how politicians are using this issue for political gain.

I reckon we should just have open borders imo.

HSC
Oh yes. Open borders. Why not give visas to all the Muslims in the middle east? While we are at it lets give them guns.

We don't want them kind blowing us up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)