Atar disadvantaged scheme/points (1 Viewer)

daydremah

HSC
If we go to a low-ranking/disadvantaged school do we get the extra 5 points for certain and how economically disadvantaged do you have to be to be to get these points?

bouncing

HSC
lmaoooo

i know UNSW offers it but um duno about the low-rank school thing thats not their problem its yours - if you're seriously financially disadvantaged they do take that into consideration

they also give extra points if you excel in certain areas such as sport, music debating or some crap but yeah basically if you show leadership and have qualities they're seeking in their students you can get bonus points and if u do really well in studies (eg. band 6/e4s) you get em

random-1006

Banned
HSC
lmaoooo

i know UNSW offers it but um duno about the low-rank school thing thats not their problem its yours - if you're seriously financially disadvantaged they do take that into consideration

they also give extra points if you excel in certain areas such as sport, music debating or some crap but yeah basically if you show leadership and have qualities they're seeking in their students you can get bonus points and if u do really well in studies (eg. band 6/e4s) you get em

this is correct. they do have some considerations for financially disadvantaged or problems with studying e.g. family issues etc. and some courses give bonus points if you get a band 5 in subjects relavent to your degree

but they dont offer anything because of low school ranks lol, why would they do anything for that, thats the point of your school rank, to moderate your internal marks to make it somewhat more fair for everyone

bouncing

HSC
that's uws
if you live in west sydney i think, you automatically get 5 points
LOL YEAH

i heard UWS is heaps desperate to get more students... apparenlty if you live near them they immediately give you bonus points (dont know how correct that is but all the same LOL)

random-1006

Banned
HSC
LOL YEAH

i heard UWS is heaps desperate to get more students... apparenlty if you live near them they immediately give you bonus points (dont know how correct that is but all the same LOL)
as if their cut offs arent already low enough

thuanvon

HSC
remember disadvantage points are not visible to your atar
depending on the course they might accept them or not

twistedrebel

HSC
yes, schools on priority funding list or w.e,
UWS is lol, 5 points for area
10 points for band 5/6 in related subject
5 for UWS first preference? (not sure, but there is 3, i think this is it)
and average cut off it like 65
so 45 ATAR?
oh wait i forgot EAS, another 10
so cutoff 35

b0redAsian

HSC
do u also get 'bonus points' if you have represented Australia in sport in an elite level?? during yrs 11-12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)