ATAR Estimate with Offical Ranks (1 Viewer)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Society - 1/18
Snr Sci - 1/9
Adv Eng - 1/16
CAFS - 2/23 - Applied for appeal
Gen Maths - 4/26
Hospo - 1/19

School Rank - 450's

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
So, my appeal did not go through. I am still ranking second in CAFS. What will my ATAR look like? There is literally a mark difference. I need 82.4.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You're nearly first in everything it depends on how you went in your exams

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Would the second ranking in CAFS affect me? There is a mark difference only.
The mark difference in internals counts for nothing. You will get the second best CAFS exam mark in the HSC as your internal mark. So yes, it likely will affect you. The severity of such effect depending on how good the second best exam mark is compared to the first best

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
The mark difference in internals counts for nothing. You will get the second best CAFS exam mark in the HSC as your internal mark. So yes, it likely will affect you. The severity of such effect depending on how good the second best exam mark is compared to the first best
Oh okay, but what if I beat her by a good 3-5 marks? Because I know she stuffed up some of the questions, that I had gotten right.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Oh okay, but what if I beat her by a good 3-5 marks? Because I know she stuffed up some of the questions, that I had gotten right.
That means you will get 3-5 marks better than her for the external HSC mark. But she will get your HSC mark as her internal mark and vice versa for you

So If you get 92 in the actual HSC and she gets 89 for example. Which are first and second respectively.

Your Marks
External: 92
Internal: 89
HSC Mark: 90

Her Marks
External: 89
Internal: 92

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
That means you will get 3-5 marks better than her for the external HSC mark. But she will get your HSC mark as her internal mark and vice versa for you

So If you get 92 in the actual HSC and she gets 89 for example. Which are first and second respectively.

Your Marks

Her Marks
Ah okay, now I understand. Cheers mate!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Your Marks

Her Marks
No, this isn't how it works. Since she's ranked first she will get your examination mark, given it's the highest mark in the cohort, as her internal mark and she will keep her examination mark. However, your moderated assessment mark will not equal her examination mark. It will depend on the relative gaps in your internal marks. If internally your assessment marks are off by a huge margin you will get a lower moderated assessment mark and if your internal marks are extremely close you'll get an extremely close mark to your examination mark as your moderated assessment mark.

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
No, this isn't how it works. Since she's ranked first she will get your examination mark, given it's the highest mark in the cohort, as her internal mark and she will keep her examination mark. However, your moderated assessment mark will not equal her examination mark. It will depend on the relative gaps in your internal marks.
oh, i actually didn't take that into account when typing my reply wow i'll see myself out now

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)