ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
probably high 60s. However, 70 is not impossible

Rus-Chick

HSC
Anyone else?????
BTW is it true that even u get high marks will still be scaled down because of the shitty marks????

ZeeZee3

HSC
65s to 70s, 75 probably maximum to get in my opinion, but i might be estimating too easy.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Depending if the marks are high band threes or fours an ATAR of <65 can be achieved no problem. However if you're looking for an ATAR above or closer to 70 you'll need at least two band fives with those ranks and low band threes and fours. But thats an estimation based on a performance of a friend with similar subjects. Whatever your mark is I bid you congratulations and the best of luck. =]

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Really I do believe that you will scrap pass a 70.000 ATAR so long you are confident you will get the scores of a high band fours and because of the high scaling subjects too. But its just an estimation so please give some lee-way to that ideal. What course do you plan on undertaking?! You should discuss with the university what was the lowest score aka cutoff they used to accept a student into the course. :p

Rus-Chick

HSC
Really I do believe that you will scrap pass a 70.000 ATAR so long you are confident you will get the scores of a high band fours and because of the high scaling subjects too. But its just an estimation so please give some lee-way to that ideal. What course do you plan on undertaking?! You should discuss with the university what was the lowest score aka cutoff they used to accept a student into the course. :p
Well its not about me as i am confident that i can get a reasonable ATAR. However this thread is about my twin sister. Her main goal is getting into uni preferably Usyd or UNSW. And she did contact both uni before but both answers were pretty much the same which is telling her to wait as each ATAR cutoffs are different each yr. But she did some research herself......

Lowest ATAR course for Usyd is 75 last year (B Liberal Arts and Science) so she need minimum ATAR 70 + 5 flexible entry bonus point (automatically added on the ATAR by Usyd) + Bonus points (if achieved) band 4+ from any of science subjects

Lowest ATAR course for UNSW is 76 but no bonus marks as none of courses provide bonus marks for any related subjects beside maths

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I see. You can always attempt half a semester at UWS or ACU and transfer over. Its harder yes but its an alternative option. Hmm B Liberal Arts and Science eh?! I plan on transferring to this course as well next year (if I do make it at least I know your sister is there) and right now I have a high credit average in my current course. What is the course at UNSW offered for 76.000?! Either way good luck. Subjects scale differently but I hope you guys get the marks you want and I bid you good luck.

Rus-Chick

HSC
I see. You can always attempt half a semester at UWS or ACU and transfer over. Its harder yes but its an alternative option. Hmm B Liberal Arts and Science eh?! I plan on transferring to this course as well next year (if I do make it at least I know your sister is there) and right now I have a high credit average in my current course. What is the course at UNSW offered for 76.000?! Either way good luck. Subjects scale differently but I hope you guys get the marks you want and I bid you good luck.
UNSW ATAR 76 courses - B Social Science, B Social Work, B Social Work/B Social Science & B Social Work/B Arts which are subjects she probably wont enjoy. Recently she has been thinking to go to Macquarie uni through SIBT (info on SIBT http://www.sibt.nsw.edu.au/) which only require ATAR 60+ but the only disadvantage is that she need to pay double the fees in the first yr. (and also Macq uni is closer to where we live)

Anyway hopefully u can get into Usyd, i know it is competitive through transfer but im sure u'll be fine considering u have been achieving high credit average.

Rus-Chick

HSC
UNSW ATAR 76 courses - B Social Science, B Social Work, B Social Work/B Social Science & B Social Work/B Arts which are subjects she probably wont enjoy. Recently she has been thinking to go to Macquarie uni through SIBT (info on SIBT http://www.sibt.nsw.edu.au/) which only require ATAR 60+ but the only disadvantage is that she need to pay double the fees in the first yr. (and also Macq uni is closer to where we live)

Anyway hopefully u can get into Usyd, i know it is competitive through transfer but im sure u'll be fine considering u have been achieving high credit average.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I have heard of SIBT as some friends have attempted this and got through but if this is the option you are willing to take then go for it. You'll be fine trust me. She has to believe that she will succeed in order to prevail and thank you. Good luck and all the best. =]

Rus-Chick

HSC
I have heard of SIBT as some friends have attempted this and got through but if this is the option you are willing to take then go for it. You'll be fine trust me. She has to believe that she will succeed in order to prevail and thank you. Good luck and all the best. =]
Really, what do ur friend think of SIBT????? or Macquarie uni in general ???? I'm planning to go to macq uni next year for B Commerce. I heard some good (easy to get into Macquaire uni) and bad (many Asians and since it is easy to get through people generally fall behind in the second yr...)news about SIBT but just curious on what ur friends thinks.

Rus-Chick

HSC
Really, what do ur friend think of SIBT????? or Macquarie uni in general ???? I'm planning to go to macq uni next year for B Commerce. I heard some good (easy to get into Macquaire uni) and bad (many Asians and since it is easy to get through people generally fall behind in the second yr...)news about SIBT but just curious on what ur friends thinks.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Its not easy nor is it that difficult. The only downside is the cost in the end. Macquarie is overall splendid. Don't let others feed negative comments about MacqUni because it is what you make out of it in the end. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)