ATAR estimate (1 Viewer)

lvella10

HSC
your school is shit at predicting atars if you do even normal to high scaling subjects
Yep must be so shit .. I suppose all the atar calculators and an assortment of tutoring companies would be wrong too then?

lvella10

HSC
lol

The highlighted bit i addressed in the first part of my post

The bit where i said 'actual facts' was completely unrelated (hence the different paragraph/topic). Dude, please.
By stating on who's authority? Any normal person would say that suggests you're seeking an explanation

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Anyways, let's stop derailing the op's thread.

OP, i (and most people i'd wager) reckon 90+ easy. Ivella disagrees but w/e

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
well when you say "everyone" i mean yourself(this is obvious by your posts), your school estimator and the other retards who did your estimates. Post your subs and ranks and ill give u a proper estimate
Yeah honestly school estimates are usually a complete load of bull shit. Friend is topping most of his subs at my school (usually ranked ~80 with about 6-7 99+'ers), school says he'll get 92.

They only want you to keep working harder.

lvella10

HSC
Anyways, let's stop derailing the op's thread.

OP, i (and most people i'd wager) reckon 90+ easy. Ivella disagrees but w/e
Unfortunately the majority of people aren't always right. Laughable nonetheless at your naivety.

deswa1

HSC
And also you have to remember that there is a big gap between 90 and 98 and even between 99.5 and 99.95 -> it becomes progressively MUCH harder to improve. OP- I reckon low 90's. lvella, you could also be on 98- remember that going from 90 to 98 requires a BIG jump in ranks. And also, why the hell would you be insulted with an atar estimate for someone else. Grow up bro

lvella10

HSC
Yeah honestly school estimates are usually a complete load of bull shit. Friend is topping most of his subs at my school (usually ranked ~80 with about 6-7 99+'ers), school says he'll get 92.

They only want you to keep working harder.
So I should prove my ranks to those whom clearly have no idea how to give an estimate? For some reason I don't feel entitled to do so. I wonder why ...
By high 90's, my lowest subject has an internal percentage of 96 .. So I'd say my atar estimate is correct, if not somewhat lower than what I should obtain

lvella10

HSC
And also you have to remember that there is a big gap between 90 and 98 and even between 99.5 and 99.95 -> it becomes progressively MUCH harder to improve. OP- I reckon low 90's. lvella, you could also be on 98- remember that going from 90 to 98 requires a BIG jump in ranks. And also, why the hell would you be insulted with an atar estimate for someone else. Grow up bro
Was never insulted. However I will clarify all arguments pertaining to my own opinions if I see necessary.

deswa1

HSC
So I should prove my ranks to those whom clearly have no idea how to give an estimate? For some reason I don't feel entitled to do so. I wonder why ...
By high 90's, my lowest subject has an internal percentage of 96 .. So I'd say my atar estimate is correct, if not somewhat lower than what I should obtain
Then either your school marks too easy or you're set for 99.5+ (dead serious). But I don't want to get into an argument- congrats on your ranks and good luck in the HSC :)

barbernator

HSC
a) i was going to give you a higher estimate than 98.1 if you posted your ranks
b) your internal marks do not mean shit
c) your arguments are invalid.

lvella10

HSC
Then either your school marks too easy or you're set for 99.5+ (dead serious). But I don't want to get into an argument- congrats on your ranks and good luck in the HSC :)
My school has many hsc markers, so I doubt marking criteria is easy .. especially seeing as though I was in some instances 60% above the average in my exams ..

lvella10

HSC
a) i was going to give you a higher estimate than 98.1 if you posted your ranks
b) your internal marks do not mean shit
c) your arguments are invalid.
Tbh I'm not even sure what your argument is. I don't see OP getting over 90, and you do. Should have ended there.

barbernator

HSC
Tbh I'm not even sure what your argument is. I don't see OP getting over 90, and you do. Should have ended there.
my argument is that you are heavily understating his estimated atar with such confidence as to downplay his ability. If you had said 84~ or whatever that would be fine, but instead you said "definitely not above 88" when it is clear that he can quite easily get above 88.

enoilgam

HSC
I reckon 90-93. The rankings are better then they look because the cohort is quite large

Actual facts such as my school predicting my atar at 98.1? Actual facts like my high 90's average for my subjects ? Actual facts such as my aforementioned ranks?
My cohort is one of the largest in the state .. Ranked 114 .. I'm first in 3/5 subjects and top 3 in my other 2 .. I'm pushing a 98 .. To say a guy ranked so low at a school only just below my own obtaining over 90, is some what insulting .. Unless everyone above OP have acquired very similar marks, I highly doubt he'd crack 90 ..
First off, raw internal marks are pretty meaningless, but since you claim to have high rankings, I guess it cancels out. Second, I wouldnt give too much weight to your schools estimate, as all estimates are pretty unreliable (especially the ones given by many schools). Everyone here offers an opinion, I dont see how your opinion carries more weight than others, especially considering what you have said in this thread.

lvella10

HSC
my argument is that you are heavily understating his estimated atar with such confidence as to downplay his ability. If you had said 84~ or whatever that would be fine, but instead you said "definitely not above 88" when it is clear that he can quite easily get above 88.
To downplay his ability or not, shouldn't be a problem, considering he is posting his ranks, in which prove it. Secondly I said he won't get over 88 if he maintains the same standards of work. (Obviously that would take into account the belief those above him remain above him in externals). For a guy with those ranks, I don't see him being able to improve so much as to get 90. All I'm trying to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)