ATAR estimate (1 Viewer)

lvella10

HSC
And i do 7 subjects, not 6.
Okay, my bad.
I'm not saying it's dragging you down .. You're clearly well above the median atar, and you're clearly not the dumbest guy walking around .. I do not however see you obtaining over 90 without improvement ..

deswa1

HSC
@lvella- what ranks do you think OP should have for 90? This will help me see where you're coming from.

shannan94

HSC
My cohort is one of the largest in the state .. Ranked 114 .. I'm first in 3/5 subjects and top 3 in my other 2 .. I'm pushing a 98 .. To say a guy ranked so low at a school only just below my own obtaining over 90, is some what insulting .. Unless everyone above OP have acquired very similar marks, I highly doubt he'd crack 90 ..
I strongly doubt these claims you have made. For all we know you could be doing straight-forward subjects (especially considering your atrocious use of grammar; it wouldn't surprise me if you did). To say that you are insulted, i'm sure the OP, nor anyone else in this thread takes fondly to your conceitedness.

You have continually stated: factually incorrect, unsupported and verbose arguments with no weighting, and furthermore, displayed an absolute lack of understanding towards the process of moderation, scaling, and the H.S.C. in general. It is one thing to put forward an opinion, but to argue arcane points with other members posting in this thread, without even understanding the basics yourself, bewilders me beyond belief.

The H.S.C. rewards students for their achievements, and from the information the OP has provided it is clear kieran95 has displayed competence across his subjects, taking into account the relative size of his cohort. It would be baseless therefore to claim that he is restricted in his possible achievement, because it is in his capacity to gain over 90 with his A.T.A.R.

I believe kieran95 that you will achieve the low 90's if I were to take an estimate, but it is impossible to pinpoint because the circumstances change year-to-year.

Rawf

HSC
He's ranked 40th in english to begin with .. That instantly is gonna cost him a shit load .. His school is ~150 , so the likelihood of him being in an amazing cohort is slim .. He's ranked far from the top in everything else, And his subs don't scale excessively well either .. I think you need to "learn your shit" prior to wasting my time.
When I got my ATAR estimated after the half yearlys, I was ranked 180/230 in english and I still got an ATAR estimate of 95 from my school and about 90-92ish from the bos forumers. [my school is about rank 60]
My deputy principal also showed me that someone ranked 108 in english (adv) last year who achieved an ATAR over 99 in my school.
Nevertheless, I've improved my rank considerably (still over 100 though...), however rank 40 in english sounds quite decent... especially out of 160 students.

JoelVella

HSC
N/A
@lvella you just might be the biggest twat to walk the earth. It is clear you don't have a brain when you look at the subjects you do. My bet is you will screw it up anyway because you post like my retarded dog. Kieran mate, keep up the good work don't let this dumb ass phase you in the slightest.

theholy1

HSC
and youre all clearly forgetting how your school goes plays an important part of results too...

theholy1

HSC
They don't matter though. I mean.. getting 90% at James Ruse and 90% at a rank 500 school isn't necessarily the same (although it could be).
no they are by far different.

youll get scaled down massively if your at the 500th ranked school, and if you get 90 percent at james ruse youre gonna get 99.5+ anyway

Thief

!!
HSC

youll get scaled down massively if your at the 500th ranked school, and if you get 90 percent at james ruse youre gonna get 99.5+ anyway
Well that was basically the point I was making, that percentages don't matter since it depends on how harshly the school marks it. It's just the ranks that do.

Kieran95

HSC

You just proved yourself wrong.

theholy1

HSC
in the end its just how high your raw mark is... and then you can just completely disregard the ranks in each subject, and look at the raw mark you get and just know what mark you need in each subject to get the highest band, then estimate what scaled mark youll get. then put it in the calculator to estimate ATAR

enoilgam

HSC

You dont get "scaled down" for being at a rank 500 school. School rank itself has NO effect on your ATAR, the quality of your cohort can though.

in the end its just how high your raw mark is... and then you can just completely disregard the ranks in each subject, and look at the raw mark you get and just know what mark you need in each subject to get the highest band, then estimate what scaled mark youll get. then put it in the calculator to estimate ATAR
The ranking is more important then the raw mark. The raw mark is practically meaningless.

theholy1

HSC
yeah and generally the school at 500th will because their cohort isnt that strong. :/

barbernator

HSC
didn't anyone else notice "JoeLvella" posting against "Lvella10". sus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)