ATAR ESTIMATE (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have all of my internal marks for trials, I'm wondering if an Atar of 85 is possible or what possible atar I am looking at. My ranks so far

Studies of Religion II - 6/9 cohort average for trials was 79%
Math Standard 8/23 cohort average for trials was 62%
English Standard 13/50 cohort average for trials was 59%
Chemistry 16/30 cohort average for trials was 51%
biology 6/34 cohort average for trials was 66%

School is poorly ranked, maybe top 300

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, I think that an ATAR of 85 could be within reach. You seem to be in a relatively good position in Mathematics Standard, English Standard and Biology, whereas Studies of Religion II and Chemistry are your lower performing subjects.

However, the significant piece of information in your case is the fact that your school is ranked in the 300's. This indicates that despite your seemingly favourable ranks in most of your subjects, your school rank would suggest that you are not currently in a position where you can comfortably achieve an 85 ATAR, although this does not necessarily suggest that it is not achievable at all, just that it may be slightly challenging.

Looking at the bright side, this is far from decisive. Keep in mind that your HSC exams contribute 50% of your HSC mark in each of your subjects, your performance in which is not affected by your ranks or your school rank. This constitutes a great opportunity for you to perform well and maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal. Based on this, you should do your utmost to ensure that you thoroughly prepare for all of your exams, especially SOR II and Chemistry, where it appears that improvement is most needed compared to your other subjects.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)