Att Fatties: Good work on getting blue cheese banned (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Vegemite, blue cheese, jams under threat due to salt, fat, sugar content | National | News.com.au

They propose extra taxes on "energy-dense" foods; regulating fat, salt and sugar content in food and drink; and banning advertising of unhealthy foods to children and eliminating them from school vending machines.

The council last year pre-empted the junk-food advertising ban by signing up its members, which included Coca-Cola Amatil, Nestle and Sara Lee, to self-regulatory curbs on their promotions to children.

But the council, which represents 80 per cent of the highly processed food, drink and grocery products sector, has clearly signalled in its submission that it will retreat only so far.

"Producing foods that consumers don't buy will result in industry failure," its submission says.

AFGC director for health, nutrition and scientific affairs Geoffrey Annison said food such as Vegemite, which is high in salt, could be among the casualties if food content were regulated. "Vegemite without salt is not Vegemite," he said.

Sugar-rich preserves and jams, and even high-fat products such as soft cheeses and cooking oils, could be banned for health reasons, Dr Annison warned.
What the hell is this. No morbidly obese people got that way because they sat there and ate toast smeared with Vegemite, jam and soft cheese. And fuck off with regulating my food. Why should these butt heads have the right to dictate what we can and cannot buy because half the population are fat asses.

This is bullshit. If it happens. Which it very well may not do, but it's bullshit none the less.:fish:

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Agreed.

I have trouble packing on mass and the fact that everything is becoming fat-free already doesn't help. Looks like soon I'l be paying extra for full-fat butter.

Again, people blaming food is a joke. The problem is that people can't allocate 20 mins a day for a jog.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i dont give two shits about whether they want to ban deep fried hamburgers or whatever - but back the fuck off from my blue cheese.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
katie tully said:
i dont give two shits about whether they want to ban deep fried hamburgers or whatever - but back the fuck off from my blue cheese.
and my vegemite.

Rainie

HSC
Agreed.

Why should we have to pay for other people's laziness if they don't want to exercise and end up being obese clad idiots. And I thought Vegemite was meant to be healthy.

What a joke.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
russs said:
Agreed.

I have trouble packing on mass and the fact that everything is becoming fat-free already doesn't help. Looks like soon I'l be paying extra for full-fat butter.

Again, people blaming food is a joke. The problem is that people can't allocate 20 mins a day for a jog.

lol, the people are fat, who's fault is it? The food of course! Cuz it can't be their lack of self control, they have a 'glandular issues'...

HalcyonSky

HSC
no way this will happen

but then again i never thought an internet filter would even be seriously considered

wtb some common sense

boris

Banned
HSC
lol read the news guys, that ugly bitch (i forget her name, the ranga, deputy pm) (h thats right i just remembered her name, julia gillard) said that vegimite and shit are safe with her around

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
blue cheese could never be banned
i'm moving to france so i don't care anyway

mmm blue cheese dressing

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I understand a tax on fatty foods, but so many foods have a high sodium content what are we going to do about them? It's going to be hard to argue banning foods such as Vegemite and cheese selectively. Plus hypertension is responsible for a heck of a lot less mortality than heart disease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)