attention art 09er's (1 Viewer)

KinKaida

HSC
The two art classes in my school were told to come up with an idea over the hols and have it approved by the beginning of term 1.

I've gotten my idea approved... But, yeah, after a talk with someone, I realised how crap my idea is. Plus, the rough sketch doesn't look too good.....

Mm.. Still, i'll give it a go. I'm planning to do a few experiments with perspective and human profile before I go off and buy my canvas.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I'm still stuck on concepts. I really want to get good marks for this!

Any ideas how and where to find inspiration ):?

I'm either deciding between doing some impressionist paintings of the landscape photos I had taken in Japan or a painting with another concept using things to represent meanings/beliefs/values. Gah. I dropped my initial idea of doing superflat :E

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Get to the art gallery of NSW to see a) artexpress and b) half light: portraits from black australia- will be useful if you're drifting towards something political or photographic. It's a great exhibition.

Re the impressionist paintings, did you see the Monet exhibition..?
If you do something based on your overseas photography, it will automatically stand out because it has the benefit of being markedly different to your typical 'I am a bogan here is my Sydney' etc. etc. stuff.

Edit; also Japanese subjects combined with Impressionist technique is interesting- look up the influence of Japanese woodblock on Monet.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
^ Unfortunately I didn't get to see the Monet exhibition - which was in Canberra last year if I remember correctly? (There was an excursion and students from my class did go, but I didn't - there was a reason behind me not going but I can't remember lol. Really wanted to go though!)

Thats actually what my teacher had said too :)

Doing some research right now - I'm hyped! Think I might actually stick with this x3

Thanks!

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
yeh.
im working as hard as i can i supppose.
im doing this absract portraiture stuff, influenced alot by carravagio's use of light and dark upon a human figure and also blending it with the quirky forms of kadinsky.
im workign on a draft to get my painting up to scratch; im using water-colour, oil-pastel, oil paint etc. so im experiementing with it all atm.

good luck :bomb:

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
Get to the art gallery of NSW to see a) artexpress and b) half light: portraits from black australia- will be useful if you're drifting towards something political or photographic. It's a great exhibition.

Re the impressionist paintings, did you see the Monet exhibition..?
If you do something based on your overseas photography, it will automatically stand out because it has the benefit of being markedly different to your typical 'I am a bogan here is my Sydney' etc. etc. stuff.

Edit; also Japanese subjects combined with Impressionist technique is interesting- look up the influence of Japanese woodblock on Monet.

bahahahaha "i am bogan here is my Sydney" = lol
Thats sooo funny.
its soo true!

themerald

HSC
the Monet exhibition was really good, though most of it wasn't even by monet... i love it how some of the paintings look like... well messy, close up and then as you get further away they are just fantastic.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the monets except for the haystacks.... they were fantastic, it was like they were glowing... you just don't see that on a reproduction.

Juliaan

HSC
I went the the exhibition today for an excursion, some of the artexpress works in the NSW gallery were amazing.

Some were, debatable...

Did anyone see the one with the robots, that used charcoal to produce artworks ~

Nanasaurus

HSC
I'm not nuts about Monet either. The waterlillies kill me. They're so... muddy.

i don't know- everyone thinks he's fantastic, but there are far better artists, particularly from the Impressionist era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)