Audio related text for assessment tips? (1 Viewer)

DudeLove

HSC
Could anyone give me any tips as to what I should be noting down for my assessment, which requires us to listen to an audio text and use that as a related text in an essay.

P.s. it's going to be a narrative/short story.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There are a few things you should consider
1)make sure before the assessment task, you thoroughly understand the requirements of the task-i.e. roughly how long the aural text will be-ask your teacher, how many times will it be played, and how much time you have to make notes and what is the duration of your assessment
2)if possible, note down the title of the narrative and author, write down significant quotes that relates to belonging very well-you can practice this skill by reading a short story about belonging and recording it on a device, and listen to it and see whether you can write down the quotes in time-don't worry too much about picking out techniques when you are listening, you can do that in the exam once you get the quotes down
3)depending on how many times you can listen to it, try to get a general feel for what the story is roughly about-I know this can be challenging if you are trying to write down quotes-and jot down some points on how this could relate to your current prepared points on the essay question given
4)before you start writing anything, you must take at least 2-3 minutes to do an essay plan and organise your answer-make sure to take some effort to link your stimulus to your prescribed text in relation to ideas about belonging, make sure you have equal discussion of your related and prescribed-(this depends on you writing as many relevant quotes in your listening so you have materials to select from and write about)

Hope this helps and all the best for your assessment:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)