aus man (douglas wood) being held hostage in iraq? (1 Viewer)

sugared plum

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Aboriginals have the same opportunities as any other person. Being aboriginal in no way makes them unable to function like a normal person.

And as I keep saying the aboriginals lost their land because it was taken by them from a more developed civilisation. Thats how the world worked and there is nothing wrong with that. You can't apply todays morals to back then and expect people to go back and right the wrongs because when it happened it wasn't wrong.

it WAS wrong then from some perspectives. there are heaps of sources from english, aboriginal which dispute what was happening.

do you honestly believe there was this overriding conviction that white supremacy was the natural order? that no one disagreed? that the entire world including aboriginal people thought that what was happening to them was just swell?

it's a complete waste of time discussing this with you because when someone rebuts one of your ridiculous claims, you just turn around and make another ridiculous claim, which is again shown to be inadequate. and so it goes on and on.

the only valid conclusion i can draw from all your arguments is that you are a misinformed racist.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sugared plum said:
it WAS wrong then from some perspectives. there are heaps of sources from english, aboriginal which dispute what was happening.

do you honestly believe there was this overriding conviction that white supremacy was the natural order? that no one disagreed? that the entire world including aboriginal people thought that what was happening to them was just swell?

it's a complete waste of time discussing this with you because when someone rebuts one of your ridiculous claims, you just turn around and make another ridiculous claim, which is again shown to be inadequate. and so it goes on and on.

the only valid conclusion i can draw from all your arguments is that you are a misinformed racist.
I didn't say no one disagreed. Theres always someone with a different opinion. But obviously they were the minority because they didn't stop it from happening.

And although most people at that time were under the opinion white people were superior I don't think that is the reason they took the land from the aboriginals. No matter what colour they were they weren't using the land in the opinion of the Europeans and that meant that they could have it.

You aren't showing my claims inadequate, you just have a different point of view. I think what you are saying is ridculous. Just because we have been told in school how important the aboriginals are doesn't make it true. You can't believe everything you're told.

sugared plum

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I didn't say no one disagreed. Theres always someone with a different opinion. But obviously they were the minority because they didn't stop it from happening.
this does not hold for obvious reasons. things don't happen purely because majority wants it; moreover related to who holds power/knowledge.

iamsickofyear12 said:
And although most people at that time were under the opinion white people were superior I don't think that is the reason they took the land from the aboriginals. No matter what colour they were they weren't using the land in the opinion of the Europeans and that meant that they could have it.
how some europeans viewed aboriginal people, and by extension how they viewed their relationship with the land are related matters - many europeans considered their definition of "using the land" to be more valid/superior to aboriginal concepts of land, and thus being superior, with superior methods of using the land, the europeans assumed they could claim it.

iamsickofyear12 said:
I
You aren't showing my claims inadequate, you just have a different point of view. I think what you are saying is ridculous. Just because we have been told in school how important the aboriginals are doesn't make it true. You can't believe everything you're told.
iwas never taught about it in school. i've considered lots of perspectives on this issue - did a course on it at uni, and in law, and with indigenous law bulletin.

Generator

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
For what it's worth, nobody should be forced to show that your claims are inadequate given that they are more than pathetic. The black armband stance is open to dispute, but there is no place for arguments such as your own:

Exhibit A
iamsickofyear12 said:
And I am not racist either. The aboriginals have proved themselves inferior I'm not just making it up.
Grow up, please.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Theres always going to be different opinions no matter what I say or what anyone says to me. So you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. Maybe later you'll realise what I am saying, but maybe not.

sugared plum

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Theres always going to be different opinions no matter what I say or what anyone says to me. So you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. Maybe later you'll realise what I am saying, but maybe not.
dude most of us fully realise what you are saying, and see it is based on ignorance and racial hatred. clearly it is a waste of time trying to convince you otherwise, but at least we won't have left the vilification you are tarnished this forum with unchallenged.

Comrade nathan

HSC
No matter what colour they were they weren't using the land in the opinion of the Europeans and that meant that they could have it.
The Europeans were looking for a a new colony. They were going to found a newy no matter how the local inhabitants were using the land.

Your wrong, and no time isn't going to change it.

You just have to face no one can bak up what you are saying. We on the other hand can produce many Anthropological and Sociological sources that can back us up.

YOU ARE WRONG.

There are undeniable facts, it doesn't matter whay your worthless opinion is.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sugared plum said:
dude most of us fully realise what you are saying, and see it is based on ignorance and racial hatred. clearly it is a waste of time trying to convince you otherwise, but at least we won't have left the vilification you are tarnished this forum with unchallenged.
The reason I don't like aboriginals is because of the behaviour of a lot of them. If any other group of people acted in the same way I wouldn't like them either. I'm not discriminating against them based on their race, I am discriminating against them because they are idiots.

Comrade nathan said:
The Europeans were looking for a a new colony. They were going to found a newy no matter how the local inhabitants were using the land.

Your wrong, and no time isn't going to change it.

You just have to face no one can bak up what you are saying. We on the other hand can produce many Anthropological and Sociological sources that can back us up.

YOU ARE WRONG.

There are undeniable facts, it doesn't matter whay your worthless opinion is.
I've backed it up, no one listens. So I'm finished talking about this subject.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
there's no way you can automatically withdraw troops from a place.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
cherryblossom said:
there's no way you can automatically withdraw troops from a place.
Yeah of course not I don't think thats what these hostage takers expect. I think they just want it to be said "we are withdrawing" and start to see a gradual withdraw.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I was stupid enough to think that no one would support the "iraqi resistance" *cough* probably 3% of the country, backed by maybe 20% *cough* that is stopping iraq from being a much more peaceful place to live. Support the American invasion or not, support for these people is anti-everyday Iraqi's.
I would say it is alot larger then that.

It has aslo not decreased, the resistance is about the same as the start of the invasion.

I think this shows that it is not a singular group. When they caputre Saddam they said this will stop the Baathist and most of the resistance. When the took over Fallujah and other towns like this, they claimed this would stop the resistance.

No matter what the yanks do the violence hasn't ceased or even decreased. Now im not one who believes in zombies or ghost, but it is either the resistence continues to grow or the dead are rising and continue to fight.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Korn said:
I sort of backed it up, but I dont agree with his views on Aboriginals
You wont find one credited academic who uses any valid method to back up imsickofyear12.

But i am to down with this conversation. We went to far away from the main topic.

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
You wont find one credited academic who uses any valid method to back up imsickofyear12.

But i am to down with this conversation. We went to far away from the main topic.
Yeah the only evidence is that they get scholarships for uni and support for education but there not the only disadvantaged group that does. Is it racist to call them a disadvantaged group?

Comrade nathan

HSC
What i meant is, there is no credibly sources to say that Aboriginals are inferior to whites.

Social Darwinism has been debunked for the past decades.

Now does most people look for social conditions rather then race.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
What i meant is, there is no credibly sources to say that Aboriginals are inferior to whites.

Social Darwinism has been debunked for the past decades.

Now does most people look for social conditions rather then race.
no, biologically we are all homo sapiens, but their society was less industrially developed, as in, no industry, it was a very primitive form of living. but some aspects of it make more sense than european values, like conservation etc. and the european settlement caused a lot of their problems - actually, I prefer to say it accentuated them, because that primitive way of living meant they were not at all prepared for the Europeans coming and barging all over the place.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There was once a law prohibiting aboriginals from drinking alcohol, as people had seen what it did to them. People opposed this law because it was said to be racist, because white people can also be effected by alcohol and it was thrown out.

However, it is odd to think that perhaps if that law hadn't been thrown out contemporary aboriginal society may not be in the sad situation it is today.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There was once a law prohibiting aboriginals from drinking alcohol, as people had seen what it did to them. People opposed this law because it was said to be racist, because white people can also be effected by alcohol and it was thrown out.

However, it is odd to think that perhaps if that law hadn't been thrown out contemporary aboriginal society may not be in the sad situation it is today.
don't say that NTB, it's not politically correct! :rolleyes:
was that why the law was imposed? I always thought it was because the whities didn't want ATSI drinking alongside them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)