aus man (douglas wood) being held hostage in iraq? (1 Viewer)

0Jade0

HSC
I don't Australia should leave because of this. I don't think they should be there in the first place but that is somehting else.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SashatheMan said:
its sad, i know , but what was he doing there in the first place
wasnt he working with the US army

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
you go to iraq now you take your life into your own hands... although i sympathise with his plight, australia cannot afford to be vacilitating in this situation...

if we didnt send troops, this would never have happened in the first place :uhhuh:

tattoodguy

if he was a soldier i would say......we should get out...cos we shoudlnt bethere..and it would be good to get an excuse to leave.

as he is a contractor..................i dont know... he had a choice.-- personal responsibility.........he dug his own grave.

he might get let go though...................on the video today? did he have black eyes?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Never negotiate with terrorists. And anybody who takes a hostage is a terrorist, regardless of any current supposed misuse of the word.

BrenKHS

HSC
SlideRule said:
Never negotiate with terrorists.
Exactly right. To do so encourages them to take more hostages. We should do what they don't want us to do i.e send more troops or something along those lines.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
BrenKHS said:
Exactly right. To do so encourages them to take more hostages. We should do what they don't want us to do i.e send more troops or something along those lines.
The usual logic behind that is, if they get nothing from it.. they'll stop.
But in the 'media war' which is occuring currently, even if they don't get any political result, they'll keep doing it.

Scanorama

HSC
As much as I oppose the war in Iraq fighting for another country, we shouldn't leave just because of this. If we leave, then we are telling terrorists if you hold our people for hostage, then we will listen to whatever you ask.

But isn't he more like an American? I know he is an Australian citizen, but he's been living at US for couple of years, maybe that's a reason why they choose him as hostage?

Although it shouldn't be war in Iraq at the first place

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Never negotiate with terrorists. And anybody who takes a hostage is a terrorist, regardless of any current supposed misuse of the word.
I disagree alot of the hostage taking has been done by criminal groups wanting $$$ instead of a political agenda (so glorified theives) This incident is done by the politically motivated as demonstrated by their demands

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It is my understanding that they'd grab just about anyone..
Yeah they even took a Australian Iraqi who lived their for 20 years and helped the Iraqi's they killed her i think

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think Australia should go out and capture some of these resistants, or get some that they have already captured and threaten to kill them if they don't let this guy go.

But there is no way they should leave. This guy knew the risks before he went over there. If he didn't take enough precautions then it's his own fault he got captured.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
He isnt really Australian since he has been living in America for the past 15 years or so. Either way if he gets his head lopped off, its his own damn fault since any dumb shit would know that Iraq isn't exactly safe and secure and he still went there by his own choice :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)