aus man (douglas wood) being held hostage in iraq? (2 Viewers)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Korn said:
I disagree alot of the hostage taking has been done by criminal groups wanting $$$ instead of a political agenda (so glorified theives) This incident is done by the politically motivated as demonstrated by their demands
Immaterial. They are still terrorists, and you've provided no justification for them not being so.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Immaterial. They are still terrorists, and you've provided no justification for them not being so.
One is doing so purely for business and in order to gain $$$ (criminally motivated ones who take hostages to get a ransom) Whereas the other is politiacally motivated in that they want a government to change policy, for instance pull troops out of Iraq. ( they will only release hostages on the basis of the politcal demands being meet they dont care about the $$)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
supercharged said:
He isnt really Australian since he has been living in America for the past 15 years or so. Either way if he gets his head lopped off, its his own damn fault since any dumb shit would know that Iraq isn't exactly safe and secure and he still went there by his own choice :rolleyes:
So people who walk around redfern late at night (which has a known HUGE violent crime rate), should shut up if they get raped?

Your morals are disgusting...imo

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So people who walk around redfern late at night (which has a known HUGE violent crime rate), should shut up if they get raped?

Iraq is a bit different from redfern. And I agree it is his own fault. If you are dumb enough to be in Iraq to start with you need some high powered weapons to protect yourself with.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
he made a choice to go over there and he knew the dangers
we shouldn't negotiate with terrorists
though it is sad he got caught he will probably get killed

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:

they shouldnt walk there late at night, if they feel like they may be rapped. their fault again

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
SashatheMan said:
they shouldnt walk there late at night, if they feel like they may be rapped. their fault again
wtf, did I read that right they deserve to be raped? are u tattoedguy?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Korn said:
One is doing so purely for business and in order to gain $$$ (criminally motivated ones who take hostages to get a ransom) Whereas the other is politiacally motivated in that they want a government to change policy, for instance pull troops out of Iraq. ( they will only release hostages on the basis of the politcal demands being meet they dont care about the $$)
Ah, so now your are trying to justify the killing of innocents. Lovely!

Taking a hostage and forcing a binary choice on somebody regarding that person's life is terrorism and is unjustifiable. The end.

Further, you have a horrible definition of 'terrorism'. Let me fix that for you:

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=8&q=terrorism

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Ah, so now your are trying to justify the killing of innocents. Lovely!

Taking a hostage and forcing a binary choice on somebody regarding that person's life is terrorism and is unjustifiable. The end.

Further, you have a horrible definition of 'terrorism'. Let me fix that for you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=8&q=terrorism
How the hell am i justifying killing innocents?
And how does my definition vary from that, i have never condoned criminals or terrorists!
By the definition you supplied goes in the argument that terrorists and criminals for financial gain are different

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:

And I suppose you think redfern late at night is a lawless 'WAR ZONE' with regular hostage beheadings, shootings, motar fire, tanks rolling up the street and multiple suicide car bombs going off every other day like Iraq? If you go into a freaking war zone like Iraq voluntarily which is well known for its beheadings and get killed it is your own stupidity which killed you.

pls do not waste my time with further absurd opinions and comparisons:chainsaw:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
supercharged said:
And I suppose you think redfern late at night is a lawless 'WAR ZONE' with regular hostage beheadings, shootings, motar fire, tanks rolling up the street and multiple suicide car bombs going off every other day like Iraq? If you go into a freaking war zone like Iraq voluntarily which is well known for its beheadings and get killed it is your own stupidity which killed you.

pls do not waste my time with further absurd opinions and comparisons:chainsaw:
It's not a war zone, however there's about the same chance of being raped in redfern as there is getting your head chopped off in iraq.

It's not an absurd comparison at all, your argument is "If you walk into a dangerous area, you have to face the consequences".

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
How can u put the price on a mans life?? The government is bascially deciding his fate on this one. The troops have done their job, and alot of families would prolly want their friends/family members home, so withdraw the troops for fuks sake.

0Jade0

HSC
shady_03 said:
How can u put the price on a mans life?? The government is bascially deciding his fate on this one. The troops have done their job, and alot of families would prolly want their friends/family members home, so withdraw the troops for fuks sake.
These people joined the military knowing that they could be deployed.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not a war zone, however there's about the same chance of being raped in redfern as there is getting your head chopped off in iraq.
There are many ways of being killed in Iraq, not just by beheading, the chance of being killed in Iraq is alot different to the chance of being attacked in redfern which is not a military conflict area. And how is Iraq not a war zone? Although Prez Bush may think its "mission accomplished" the current death toll and violence far exceeds the initial invasion days

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
supercharged said:
There are many ways of being killed in Iraq, not just by beheading, the chance of being killed in Iraq is alot different to the chance of being attacked in redfern which is not a military conflict area. And how is Iraq not a war zone? Although Prez Bush may think its "mission accomplished" the current death toll and violence far exceeds the initial invasion days
I was saying redfern's not a war zone.

tattoodguy

maybe we can make a video...............and threaten to kill some arab cunt have him as a hostage and shit... (we can just stage it of course..---any stinking arabs on here want to volunteer to be my hostage?/????). and we have our flags and shit in the back ground...and nives and whatever.

you just have to beg and look scared--and i might have to hit you a few times to get the point acrosss...

and i can give a tirade about how much i hate the middle east etc...

maybe we could send it to al jazerra.......

what do you think guys?

give the arabs a taste of their own medicine and make them hate us even more.

maybe it would lead to them killing that australian dude......but atleast we acheived soemthing.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
tattoodguy said:
maybe we can make a video...............and threaten to kill some arab cunt have him as a hostage and shit... (we can just stage it of course..---any stinking arabs on here want to volunteer to be my hostage?/????). and we have our flags and shit in the back ground...and nives and whatever.

you just have to beg and look scared--and i might have to hit you a few times to get the point acrosss...

and i can give a tirade about how much i hate the middle east etc...

maybe we could send it to al jazerra.......

what do you think guys?

give the arabs a taste of their own medicine and make them hate us even more.

maybe it would lead to them killing that australian dude......but atleast we acheived soemthing.
I think most of what you say is stupid and over the top but I agree with you on this one. Australia cannot continue to let these idiots capture people and try and get Australia to withdraw by threatening to kill them.

They have plenty of these terrorist morons in custody, so all they need to do is for every Australian beheaded just behead a couple of them. Then after they are beheaded drag their body's around the streets behind a tank. It's only matching what they are doing to start with. If thats the way they want it to be then thats the way Australia should reply.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Generator said:
The key term being 'unlawful', Slide Rule. I'm not justifying their actions, rather pointing out that the definition is context-dependent. We should try and remember that, however hard it may be.
Is it lawful in Iraq to kidnap somebody and kill them if your demands aren't met?

And supposing the answer is yes: in the absence of a law system, or where a bad one exists, should we really be making our judgements relative to that law system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)