Australia and US Joint Military Excercise: Talisman Sabre (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Re: Australia and US joint military excercise

What's not to believe? If you're thinking propaganda, countries are usually more likely to deny the killing of their own citizens.
Tianamen Square Massacre and the treatment of Tibet are well documented, and they're the ones I know about personally. (I didn't check the links, but I'm sure they're the historically accepted versions.) I have no reason not to believe the persecution of Falun Gong (or why else the refugees in Australia), or the Great Leap Forward (I've not studied too much in that period myself.)

Bendent

HSC
okay........do you know the facts regarding why they prosecute them?

i meant you actually believe the msg your media wants you to believe instead of looking into things more objectively. i've been to china and i understand what both chinese and western thinking are like....so i can actually tell what's going on btw.

and btw, being all nosy about another country's political system isn't all that respectable imo, taking their 5000 years history into consideration.

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC

circusmind said:
Government incompetence is in no way comparable to intentional government violence.
that's only your opinion. i don't think like you though.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
As I said, I don't know much about Falun Gong. So questioning me on the topic isn't going to help you :)

Going to a country hardly counts as an indepth historical study, unless you've actually studied there, in which case, good on you.
I could go to *anonymous place in Europe* and they could tell me they love America. That may not be the case. Do you believe everything you're told, rather than just accepting what you've been told, just because you've been to the country in question? That usually just creates more bias, on a casual observation basis.

As for looking at into things more objectively, believe me, I try to, I'm a history major after all.

circusmind

HSC

Bendent said:
that's only your opinion. i don't think like you though.
I know. You can't seem to grasp that whole logic, reason and clarity deal....

Bendent

HSC
Josie said:
As I said, I don't know much about Falun Gong. So questioning me on the topic isn't going to help you :)

Going to a country hardly counts as an indepth historical study, unless you've actually studied there, in which case, good on you.
I could go to *anonymous place in Europe* and they could tell me they love America. That may not be the case. Do you believe everything you're told, rather than just accepting what you've been told, just because you've been to the country in question? That usually just creates more bias, on a casual observation basis.

As for looking at into things more objectively, believe me, I try to, I'm a history major after all.
how would you know whether i am biased or not. i don't accept what i am told. i form an opinion based on what i see in real life.

Bendent

HSC

circusmind said:
I know. You can't seem to grasp that whole logic, reason and clarity deal....
you're the one fresh out of high school, not me though.

circusmind

HSC

Bendent said:

(this is just confirming your lack of reasoning ability.)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
hotshot said:
no, But the standards are diferent. America would have highers standards - a country such power should have done a lot more after the hurricane disaster instead they didnt do shit.

an undeveloped country - has much lower standards - things to work towards - if you look at country's history these sort things have happened in the past.

America's treatment of blacks, red Indians, - British slavery, colonialisation. etc. Its pathway - once they comitted the crimes -they go back and say its all ok and move on.

Hence - on the aspect of Credibilty - America as a superpower - is hardly credible they can do anything they want and we cant do shit about. China is more credible on the basis that they are developing and improving. You have seen shit like that massacre in last few years have you?

Hurricane Katrina was just last year wasnt it?
I think that it's idiocy to put an organised quagmire response to a natural disaster, thanks to beuracracy (and a lack of care, no doubt), to the PURPOSEFUL and INTENDED massacre of innocent civilians.

Bendent

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I think that it's idiocy to put an organised quagmire response to a natural disaster, thanks to beuracracy (and a lack of care, no doubt), to the PURPOSEFUL and INTENDED massacre of innocent civilians.
from 2000BC they always did the "PUPOSEFUL" and "INTENDED" "massacre" of civilians. the thinkings are just different regarding what value of life is. you shouldn't judge whether others' actions are right or wrong based on what you think...so therefore that's what the world thinks etc. it's very ignorant tbh, and the same type of things i hear and read everywhere.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Ah.. the effects of propaganda and westernisation....

Yes the massacre was intentional.

But how sure are you that the USA government did not prepare or resuce effectively on purpose?

This was same USA that dropped not one but two nuclear bombs on Japanese civilain? Two nukes - that have ruined not just people directly involved but those indirectly as well through radiation?

how about the way the IRaq war was conducted?

We dont know how they treat their own civilains. Things like the massacre are well reported - but the what happens USA is censored - coverd up until years later - there is a whistleblower.

USA involvement with ISrael is another example. Sudan?. another one.

THe list goes on USA. China you can only come with Falun Gong, and Taiane massacre.
Maybe the Falun Gong is organisation something similar to the KKK or some werido extremists organisation. Tibet? is another one.

But America has a lot less credibility than China. Quite simply because they can do anything and get away.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Bendent said:
how would you know whether i am biased or not. i don't accept what i am told. i form an opinion based on what i see in real life.
If you read what I actually said, I didn't say you were biased, I asked if you'd done any study while you were in China "learning their perspective" rather than just picking up "the vibe", which is what you see in real life.

P.S What you see in real life is often the same thing you are "told", ie by the media. Most of the information we get, is indeed through the media. Of course it's going to be biased, but then there's the point that if you want to get really nitty gritty about it, there is NOTHING objective, there is no possibly way anyone could be objective, because as human beings we have a social awareness. But I'll stop boring you with sociology/the rest of my subjects.

I can't possibly know if you're "biased" or not, I was merely pointing out that being in a country for <insert period of time here> does not mean you become an expert on that country and its past without some degree of deeper study.

circusmind

HSC
Bendent said:
why the %^&*( are u replying to me?
When someone says something stupid, I like to point and laugh.

(just say 'fuck' like a grown-up, would'ya?)

Bendent

HSC
Josie said:
If you read what I actually said, I didn't say you were biased, I asked if you'd done any study while you were in China "learning their perspective" rather than just picking up "the vibe", which is what you see in real life.

P.S What you see in real life is often the same thing you are "told", ie by the media. Most of the information we get, is indeed through the media. Of course it's going to be biased, but then there's the point that if you want to get really nitty gritty about it, there is NOTHING objective, there is no possibly way anyone could be objective, because as human beings we have a social awareness. But I'll stop boring you with sociology/the rest of my subjects.

I can't possibly know if you're "biased" or not, I was merely pointing out that being in a country for <insert period of time here> does not mean you become an expert on that country and its past without some degree of deeper study.
how would you know whether if i or someone else being in a country would not make me an expert on that country and its past? my cultural background also helps.

you can be MORE objective than less objective by not totally believe what you see on the media. going to another country will definately help. have you been to china?

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
circusmind said:
When someone says something stupid, I like to point and laugh.

(just say 'fuck' like a grown-up, would'ya?)
do it to me irl will you? i dare you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Bendent said:
wow you actually believe that shyt...yet you are not even the average chinese.

gh3y.
"You aren't Chinese, therefore you know nothing about China"
okay........do you know the facts regarding why they prosecute them?

i meant you actually believe the msg your media wants you to believe instead of looking into things more objectively. i've been to china and i understand what both chinese and western thinking are like....so i can actually tell what's going on btw.

and btw, being all nosy about another country's political system isn't all that respectable imo, taking their 5000 years history into consideration.
It doesn't matter if Chinese thinking is different. If a thinking system leads to seven times as many deaths as the holocaust I'd start asking questions.
You were in China in the late 50s?
And you're just a silly second year, therefore your opinion doesn't matter, lawl.
from 2000BC they always did the "PUPOSEFUL" and "INTENDED" "massacre" of civilians. the thinkings are just different regarding what value of life is. you shouldn't judge whether others' actions are right or wrong based on what you think...so therefore that's what the world thinks etc. it's very ignorant tbh, and the same type of things i hear and read everywhere.
So you're saying that I should judge things according to a value system which says the wanton massacre of civilian protestors is justifiable?
how would you know whether if i or someone else being in a country would not make me an expert on that country and its past? my cultural background also helps.

you can be MORE objective than less objective by not totally believe what you see on the media. going to another country will definately help. have you been to china?
This is not just the media. This is every single site on the internet. But since most of them are blocked by China's 40 000 thought police I suppose you wouldn't know about such sites.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Bendent said:

Because simply "existing" in Australia does not make me an expert on this country and it's past. I know what I do because I have studied, not because I merely exist here.
No I have not been to China. Instead I have looked at historical accounts of the Tianamen Square Massacre and their treatment of Tibet. This has nothing to do with the media. Get your head around it.
Going to another country doesn't do anything unless you investigate and look at things objectively. That's nice, you appear to have a cultural relationship with China. This does not make you an expert in the same way that being born in Australia doesn't make me an expert on this country and its past.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
hotshot said:
Ah.. the effects of propaganda and westernisation....

Yes the massacre was intentional.

But how sure are you that the USA government did not prepare or resuce effectively on purpose?

This was same USA that dropped not one but two nuclear bombs on Japanese civilain? Two nukes - that have ruined not just people directly involved but those indirectly as well through radiation?

how about the way the IRaq war was conducted?

We dont know how they treat their own civilains. Things like the massacre are well reported - but the what happens USA is censored - coverd up until years later - there is a whistleblower.

USA involvement with ISrael is another example. Sudan?. another one.

THe list goes on USA. China you can only come with Falun Gong, and Taiane massacre.
Maybe the Falun Gong is organisation something similar to the KKK or some werido extremists organisation. Tibet? is another one.

But America has a lot less credibility than China. Quite simply because they can do anything and get away.
Lol. It's pretty weak to go off and suggest that "maybe Falun Gong is an organisation similar to the KKK." Seriously. But you know, you're wrong. Read into the links that WithoutaFace supplied a page back, and I think you'll find that China has a pretty abysmal record when compared to the US. Yeah, the US isn't great but at the very least a lot of what they've done has been remotely understandable. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty obvious examples of that, and they were your prime example...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)