Australia and US Joint Military Excercise: Talisman Sabre (1 Viewer)

XoXoTessXoXo

HSC
From may, Operation talisman sabre will take place; where US nuclear vessels and possibly nuclear weapons will all be 'practised' on Australian lands, including on the great barrier reef, indigenous sites and wetlands.
For more info go to this site http://peaceconvergence.com/ts07.html
I think this is Discusting, i dont want australian environments to be polluted with wastes/spills and erosion, all for the US to practise for the time when they may be killing People!

Bendent

HSC
Re: Australia and US joint military excercise

i agree with xoxotessxoxo.

usa likes to kill other ppl other than their own. disgusting.

XoXoTessXoXo

HSC
They may be using nuclear weapons, or they may not. But should we trust them if they wont deny or confirm whether they are carrying nuclear weapons? why cant they use their own country? im sick of john howard just giving the US anything they want.

yosemite sam

HSC

jb_nc said:
Bullshit. As if nuclear weapons will be used, great work there.

Who really cares if American and Australian forces carry out military exercises in Australia? What harm does it do?
did someone say nuclear testing in australia 1940s-80s? and the extreme long term effects that its had on the environment and people involved?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

yosemite sam said:
did someone say nuclear testing in australia 1940s-80s? and the extreme long term effects that its had on the environment and people involved?
No, no one said that.

XoXoTessXoXo

HSC

maybe i just want my children and grandchildren to live on earth, and basically with the current situations all george w bush(and his faithful john howard) is doing is ruining the chances of an earth, all for money and power. I dont understand how you could actually agree with what they do

Last edited by a moderator:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

XoXoTessXoXo said:
Hippy? maybe i just want my children and grandchildren to live on earth, and basically with the current situations all george w bush(and his faithful john howard) is doing is ruining the chances of an earth, all for money and power. I dont understand how you could actually agree with what they do
GOERGE W BUSH WORLDS BIGGEST TERRORIST

maybe i can agree with them because i love freedom, while you hate it

circusmind

HSC

No-one is going to test a nuclear weapon on Australian soil.

Joint training with the Yanks is a good idea.

edit: be nice please

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Those who are denouncing the ramblings of 'Tess' as pure bullshit are just as ignorant as Tess for believing that the words written on a 'Hippy Website' are the pure truth.

But...if they were planning on testing nuclear weapons on Australian soil, I wouldn't be too pleased. I don't think it would happen, but if it were to happen then it would be understandable to be a little annoyed by it. By a little annoyed, I mean consumed by MURDEROUS RAGE!!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

circusmind said:
No-one is going to test a nuclear weapon on Australian soil.

Joint training with the Yanks is a good idea.
Agreed. Dey hav de boms!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

might i also add that these threads add a bit of flavour to this forum? we run the risk of having far too many threads dedicated to frog and the other guy droning on back and forth about boring economics. that works for some, but these threads at the very least have much greater universal appeal. more foreign affairs posts and less economics posts in 07! vote nebuchanezzar!

XoXoTessXoXo

HSC
Hey thanks Nebuchanezzar for having a positive comment, as so many seem to be disagreeing with this thread and its concept. I dont completely believe that site, i know it is biased, but i believe that the whole idea of the military excercise happening is wrong.
Peace:)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
XoXoTessXoXo said:
Hey thanks Nebuchanezzar for having a positive comment, as so many seem to be disagreeing with this thread and its concept. I dont completely believe that site, i know it is biased, but i believe that the whole idea of the military excercise happening is wrong.
why is it wrong

circusmind

HSC
XoXoTessXoXo said:
Why is it wrong for our military to train? WTF?

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
They are not using nuclear weapons - they are using fake nuclear weapons.

LIke if nuke weighs 1 tonne and has dimens Y x y x y. Then the fake will be exactly be the same weight and dimensions.

There is no problem here. Just FUN!!

Wish I could be a bomber pilot - drop some Steel chunks.

Punk_In_Drublic

HSC
N/A
That site purposely skews and misinterprets information to present their own version of the story.

I'll be one of the 8th Brigade attaches observing OP Talisman Sabre and I can say with a degree of certainty that there will be no testing of nuclear weapons on Australian territory.

The quotes on this site are seriously uninformed:

These activities are not designed to defend Australia or protect its people. They are designed to practise aggression and offensive military strategies.

Australia is readopting forward defence. Simply put, this means Australia has a small but efficient military of 70,000 personnel with 2 out of 4 infantry regiments as commandos/paratroopers. We cannot afford to fight a war on Australian soil, as our continent is too big and colateral damage too great. Our doctrine is to quell trouble before it starts.

Australia's Defence Capability Plan will cost taxpayers $50 billion over the next decade.

This again, is cherry picking of facts. Overall Australia spends 2.5% of our GDP on the military which is on the low end of the scale.

In terms of the environment, before every training excercise we are given a bloody boring powerpoint presentation on environmental care. We aren't even allowed to leave a scrap of ration plastic in bushlands. This site makes it seem like the Joint Ops forces will be piling up bonfires of enriched uranium fuelled by the carcasses of endangered animals.

Have I missed anything?

bshoc

HSC
N/A

XoXoTessXoXo said:
maybe i just want my children and grandchildren to live on earth, and basically with the current situations all george w bush(and his faithful john howard) is doing is ruining the chances of an earth, all for money and power. I dont understand how you could actually agree with what they do
Haha the only real worrying future for my children and grandchildren is if retarded lefties like you somehow manage to win political power, I prefer President Bombsalot to a world run by China, India and/or Al-Queda ..

Raginsheep

HSC

I got no problems with it. Anyone who thinks they'll actually be using nuclear weapons needs to get their heads examined.

Bendent

HSC

bshoc said:
Haha the only real worrying future for my children and grandchildren is if retarded lefties like you somehow manage to win political power, I prefer President Bombsalot to a world run by China, India and/or Al-Queda ..
you're scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)