• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australia the new red neck America (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes.
No.
No.

But in all fairness the first question I would also answer Yes to about Australians.

I don't hate Bush as such, don't agree with him on many issues (specifically social) but oh well.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
did anyone watch the glasshouse on wednesday? since it uses real news topics to poke fun at, i was appalled to hear they are granting people in detention centres visas on converting to Christianity. that is just wrong. im happy if people convert to Christianity, but not in this way.

Generator

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
did anyone watch the glasshouse on wednesday? since it uses real news topics to poke fun at, i was appalled to hear they are granting people in detention centres visas on converting to Christianity. that is just wrong. im happy if people convert to Christianity, but not in this way.
It's not that simple...
1. Converting from Islam rather than converting to Christianity is the reason for such people being unable to return to their country of origin.
2. The new visa category, though it represents a step in the right direction, is hardly something that truly helps those in detention given that the conditions of the visa require that detainees end all legal action and agree to return home when the Australian government deems it practical.
3. etc.

Liza-LaBoheme

Inside a cave, hiding under blankets while strokin
HSC
sometimes Australia is an incredibly racist country. and it comes out worst when Australians talk about America. America being Western nation doesn't mean America-bashing isn't racism. What we have to question is who has a voice. there will always be red necks in every culture- the rest of just have to be aware the we can become one at any moment and to speak out when we find one.
ALL EVIL NEEDS TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)