Australian economy completely avoids recession (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
There not much point agruing with these unschooled free-market 'fundamentalists', who are clearly unschooled in macroeconomics...

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
There not much point agruing with these unschooled free-market 'fundamentalists', who are clearly unschooled in macroeconomics...
It's worse when it's not a free market fundamentalist - e.g. a normal Liberal supporter, because you can all but guarantee the Liberals would've passed economic stimulus measures as well.

Heck, the Conservatices in Canada tried to pander to their base and not pass any such stimulus and almost lost office to a vote of no confidence, until they back-pedalled and passed stimulus about equal with Australia's on a per capita level.

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
Hurrrr public sector spending during a recession? Hitler dead babies armageddon 666. Let's do what hoover did during the great depression and not spend and cause a fucking depression. Economic thinking people.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Hurrrr public sector spending during a recession? Hitler dead babies armageddon 666. Let's do what hoover did during the great depression and not spend and cause a fucking depression. Economic thinking people.
You do realise that it is debatable whether the 'New Deal' was useful or whether it actually lengthened and deepened the Great Depression?

Garygaz

HSC
Well from every paper I've ever read on the GD (all 6 lawl) they all unanimously agreed public sector spending shortens recessions and backed it up with solid figures. I don't know if you already have, but read a book (relatively short) called The Return of Depression Economics. Written by Krugman, who won a Noble prize for economics. He predicted this recession and he cuts all the crap jargon and graphs and just produces (I think) irrefutable evidence of what is happening and what needs to be done.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Jesus fucking christ I am schooled as hell in macroeconomics, it just doesn't work at all.

This shit creates bubbles and it all comes crashing down upon everyone because you quite literally cannot print your way out of a recession.

Mal investment is the only thing that is grown by these ridiculous policies.

I'm glad to see your rudimentary grasp of HSC Economics is wonderful and helpful but perhaps you'd all be better off reading:

www.fee.org/pdf/books/Economics_in_one_lesson.pdf

To learn why the things you think you've been taught are all falsehoods.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A

This man also predicted the recession, so did the entire Austrian school.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well from every paper I've ever read on the GD (all 6 lawl) they all unanimously agreed public sector spending shortens recessions and backed it up with solid figures. I don't know if you already have, but read a book (relatively short) called The Return of Depression Economics. Written by Krugman, who won a Noble prize for economics. He predicted this recession and he cuts all the crap jargon and graphs and just produces (I think) irrefutable evidence of what is happening and what needs to be done.
http://mises.org/rothbard/agd.pdf

That's all you need to know about depression economics.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I point again to America's Great Depression by Murray Rothbard to clear up your misconceptions about Hoover causing the depression.

EDIT: The Existence of the Federal Reserve is what caused the great depression, man. They contracted the money supply in a depression, and effectively moved the US from a gold standard currency to a fiat one to print their way out of the depression.

Growth means nothing if it's less than the actual rate of inflation (not the headline or underlying bullshit people talk about, but the actual increase in currency overall).

EDIT1: Why don't you know about the 1921 Depression? Because it lasted about 6 months as no one intervened.

Intervention causes malinvestment and prolongs depressions and recessions.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Yeah massive debt is great fiscal management.
oh you liberal scallywags can't have it both ways you know
massive debt was great under Howard

BUT ITS AWFUL UNDER RUDD OH PLZ HALP ME MR. TURN-I CANT RUN A COMPANY-BULL

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

no but seriously wake up

HSC
N/A
I point again to America's Great Depression by Murray Rothbard to clear up your misconceptions about Hoover causing the depression.

EDIT: The Existence of the Federal Reserve is what caused the great depression, man. They contracted the money supply in a depression, and effectively moved the US from a gold standard currency to a fiat one to print their way out of the depression.

Growth means nothing if it's less than the actual rate of inflation (not the headline or underlying bullshit people talk about, but the actual increase in currency overall).

EDIT1: Why don't you know about the 1921 Depression? Because it lasted about 6 months as no one intervened.

Intervention causes malinvestment and prolongs depressions and recessions.
yes you're right schroe it's prolonged THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS in Australia by about -6months because we were never in one thanks to heroic govt spending

eat slugs!

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
oh you liberal scallywags can't have it both ways you know
massive debt was great under Howard

BUT ITS AWFUL UNDER RUDD OH PLZ HALP ME MR. TURN-I CANT RUN A COMPANY-BULL

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

no but seriously wake up
What massive debt under Howard?

spyro14

HSC
I think Rudd's wife must hate the guy more and more every minute that goes passed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)