• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Idol 2006 (2 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Hopeful - Yeah, I'm completely dreading Lisa's performance -_-

Sunjet - Come on! Dean was awesome. This is coming from someone who is now eatign her own words since I said in a few posts back that I can't see Dean nailing it :eek:

Edit: How awesome was Jessica! :D

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
<3 Lisa!

I can't see her winning though. I want Jess to win.

Oh and Dean sucks ass. If he wasn't such a pretty boy he would've never made it this far.

HSC
Faves:

-Jess: after this and last week shes probably in my top 2
-Lavina: Shes got a great voive, and I llike the song...but there's still something non-loveable about her...

Non Faves:

Bobby:really, really awful song choice. I wish theyd let ppl sing their own songs if they want to. And use guitars.
Risky: Kind of lame...he didnt really hit the loud part of the song well.
Mutto: Boring and crap.
Klancie: " "

Im worried about Damien this week...his performance wasnt memorable at all.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Whoa. Both Lisa AND Dean managed to pull it off! Unexpectedly for me, I have to say :eek:

Best: Jessica (!!!), Dean, Lisa, Bobby (yes, despite the forgetting of words etc)

Worst: Mutto (oh God, that song was shit to begin with anyway...), Chris (blagh), Ricky (just stand still for 20 seconds straight will you and don't pull faces)

Forgettable: Damien (good voice, boring song), Lavina (loud but SOMEHOW, boring)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Bobby:really, really awful song choice. I wish theyd let ppl sing their own songs if they want to.
Awful? Serious? That song is amazing and Bobby made it sound even sadder. I can't wait for Bobby to eventually release a CD or something cos his voice is just something else

kloudsurfer

HSC
Not usually an idol fan, but I like Lisa. Whats all this stuff about her bieng critisised and her mum sticking up for her about? Did I miss something?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Not usually an idol fan, but I like Lisa. Whats all this stuff about her bieng critisised and her mum sticking up for her about? Did I miss something?
She moved around really awkwardly during the last two performances, and I guess they were a bit boring as well. Kyle was a bit of a dickhead.

purplemonkey

HSC
SharkBait said:
how did u get tix? coz i went on the aus idol website and it didnt say anywhere that we could get tix. wud really luv to go to experience bobby and damien live. thanks!
On the website theres a link labelled 'Box Office' and theres a drop down menu of what dates they have tix to. Its pretty rare for a sunday show to be available, so u gotta be quick! I cant wait, its gonna be soo rad, hopefully theyll be doing a good theme...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/09/23/1158431949137.html

That appeared in the Sun-Herald today. I don't think her Mum is out of line for sticking up for her at all. She wasn't over-zealous in her defence..

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
Yeah the pic in the article is probably the hottest i've ever seen lisa, although her performance was really good tonight
jess was definately the best, totally touchdown worthy but wats with the formal dress
klancie was ok but wtf was she wearing, gross
damien, chris, mutto=nothing special
lavina has a mad voice, looks, moves but theres something not right about her
dean n ricky were pretty good or maybe just good song choice
bobby, wtf? i dont see what people like about him or his voice, he sounds like his drowsy and sings weird songs

lol so thats my analysis

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Tonight's show was boring. I thought they would all really shine, especially with the Number One Hits theme. None of them really stood out for me. Jessica was good, but I didn't think it was touchdown worthy. Lisa did okay I thought, which is funny considering I don't really like her. And I like Dean, but the best thing I can say about his performance was that he didn't ruin Iris. None of them did it for me tonight unfortunately.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I love Lisa. She performed really well last night, so well, my dad stopped hating her and now likes her.

My bottom 3: Klancie, Mutto, Ricky.

I want Ricky to leave. I wouldn't mind if Klancie leaves. Mutto has been sick and I don't want him to leave.

I was in the bathroom for Jessica's performance, but I heard a part of it and didn't think it was touchdown worthy. Maybe it's because I don't like her style. I don't like the songs she sings.

Something's up with Bobby. He was pretty crap. When they asked him what's wrong, there was a hesistant pause and a response that seemed to be a lie.

Dean was hot, as usual, but I didn't like that lame back-to-the-audience move... it was weird.

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Jess got a touchdown :O good 4 her. I missed last nights ep (again!) How was Lavina???

So Dean didnt ruin Iris, thats good to know. Ricky was bad :( Thats not good. I heard Lisa's performance on the radio i think, well it sounded like her, did she sing Michelle Branch???

Wonder who will leave *thinks*

*hopeful*

HSC
lisa sang vanessa carltons 'a thousand miles' or whatever its called..
lavina sounded good, danced around good but i dunno shes not all that

i think jessica deserved the touchdown compared to everyone elses performance last night, not on its own

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Vanessa Carlton, i knew that. Their all the same to me :p Yeh so i did hear Lisa's performance on the radio :p Hmm...i'll make sure i watch tonights show to see the performances.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
*hopeful* said:
bobby, wtf? i dont see what people like about him or his voice, he sounds like his drowsy and sings weird songs
I think most people love him because of this undefinable quality he has. It's just that X-factor that makes him stand out. His voice is one of the most truly honest voices I've heard in such a long time (on contemporary radio and charts, I mean)

Edit: Also, he doesn't have the whole try hard "I'm sooooo bloody desperate to win this thing" going (i.e Ricky Muscat *cough* Lavina *cough*). I know the main point is to win it but in terms of artistry and performances alone, that's why people love Bobby. He seems very honest and non-fake and non-desperado.

Last edited:

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Also, he doesn't have the whole try hard "I'm sooooo bloody desperate to win this thing" going (i.e Ricky Muscat *cough* Lavina *cough*). I know the main point is to win it but in terms of artistry and performances alone, that's why people love Bobby. He seems very honest and non-fake and non-desperado.
Ha! That's so true about Lavina. She is so, so desperate to win this thing. It's so sad to watch her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)