Australian Movies (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hmm, I love some Australian films- they've got a quality to them that's completely different from the Hollywood world. It's great ^.^
Original films!
I heart the Castle (like everyone)
Strictly Ballroom I love
Muriels Wedding- Now this brings out a comment too. The Americans viewed this as a satirical comedy about Australian life. Now who the heck laughed?
I mean, honestly- it's a pretty sad story, and you feel sorry for Muriel and all. She's obsessesd with getting married and etc, and goes through many things- and the American public ( it wasn't viewed anywhere else apparantly) laughed and laughed and laughed. I think the only part i laughed in was the ABBA show at the beginning.
That was another good movie-.

kylie_robbo

Yeah... Looking for Alibrandi, The Castle, Bootmen... Loved them...

I saw He Died With A Felalful In His Hand the other day, as with Murial's Wedding... Not sure what to think of them yet.

But generally, yes, I do prefer to watch an Aussie movie over an American or English one... Don't know why...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
funny thing is i still haven't watched The Castle :eek:

I like Strictly Ballroom and Little Fish. those are the only two i know anyways :p

Bractune

HSC
Hmmm the movie beneath the clouds by Ivan Sen was good. The dialouge was rough but all the characters had that real life gritty feel to them. Studied it for Adv. English Physical Journey focus. Was a good assess.
Best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)