Australian of the Year (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Officer filmed video of drunk Aborigine near Katherine, Northern Territory | National News | News.com.au

A POLICE officer has been reprimanded for making an intoxicated man sing and dance on camera.

The footage was filmed in a remote community near Katherine and showed an Aborigine, named "Chappy", laying next to a paint tin singing Rivers of Babylon, the Northern Territory News reports.

At one point, another officer drags Chappy to his feet, while the officer filming urges the man to sing and dance for the camera.

After asking Chappy to say "Happy Birthday Blake", the officer turned the camera to his face and said "This sh*t is f*cked up!"

ZaraKu

HSC
I've lived in Katherine for 4 years (dad was a RAAFie) it is a real shit hole there, there are always drunk aboriginals everywhere and they tend to be violent or abusive to anyone near them, I'm not stereotyping or anything but from what I saw and experienced it is pretty common behaviour in alot of these communities. What's really sad is the effect it has on their children.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
I've lived in Katherine for 4 years (dad was a RAAFie) it is a real shit hole there, there are always drunk aboriginals everywhere and they tend to be violent or abusive to anyone near them, I'm not stereotyping or anything but from what I saw and experienced it is pretty common behaviour in alot of these communities. What's really sad is the effect it has on their children.
whoa whoa whoa man you cant say that about aboriginals, thats racist.

you know why they were drunk? cos you stole their land off them. to make your RAAF base.

ZaraKu

HSC
How is talking about what I witnessed, on an almost daily basis, racist? I'm just saying it was a common occurence to see. And they didn't get drunk just cause a RAAF base was built, alot of them weren't given a decent chance in society, so they got bored and turned to drinking for something to do, which is sad, considerieng alot of the people I knew who were aboriginal were actually very intelligent or talented in sports or arts. I'm definately not racist buddy, I'm not a morally backwards yobbo bogan who hates all non-whites, like alot of the people in Katherine were/are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)