Australian Open (2 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Fuckin' unbelievable. That was one hell of a match by him.

lachlan43

xxxx8888 said:
aww rafael. i love watching him play. he manages to get pumped up no matter how close he is to losing the match.

so tsonga won. i think he has a real chance of beating roger federer.

oh i wanted ana ivanovic to win too. daniela hantuchova is so annoying. did you see her ungraceful handshake with ana at the end of their match too.

roger federer is good looking. girls love him.
So you think players should be happy after losing when they won the first set 6-0?

*head explodes due to continued discussion of players' aesthetic features*

IceOnFire

HSC
Go Tsonga!!

Hopefully the final will be Djokovic vs. Tsonga, then I don't have to care who wins the grand slam. :)

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
i really dont want sharapova to win. it annoys the hell outta me to watch her play. was really hoping she lost against davenport so i wouldnt have to put up with the grunting. now i go for ivanovic, cuz i want to see sharapova lose.
but tsonga deserved to win and i dont think either federer or djokovic will beat tsonga in the finals if he continues this form. hes like marcos baghdatis and gonzalez but will probably go 1 further.

poWerdrY

HSC
tsonga was gonna beat nadal from the very beginning. he's still simply a clay court player.
federer may have lost some of his finesse (as in hitting deliciously graceful winners after winners), but my money is still on him winning the AO

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i am not surprised tsonga beat nadal. nadal has been playing very ordinarily all tournament, but no one seemed to be able to put their game together to beat him. good on ya frenchie!

feds vs djok will be a great game, a lot better than nadal vs feds in my opinion. nadal is a go for broke kind of player, whereas djok will try and stay in the point with feds. i think djok deserves to win.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Tsonga and Ivanovic ftw!
even though shes been my batting material for the past week, i dont see ivanovic beating sharapova. Sharapova's form has been devastating

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh i agree sharapova's form has been devastating....beating henin in straight sets. I really cant see how she can lose the final.
Tsonga is like the equivalent of gonzalez last year. Rampaging all the way through but federer should beat him in 4 sets.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i think nadal did well, didn't make many unforced errors, and generally did his thing but in the end tsonga was just, wow- he's got the strength, speed and accuracy regardless of nadal's preference for clay. I'm all pumped for djokovic vs. federer as always barracking for the underdog!

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Nadal played quite well, but Tsonga was just too good for him. I guess, it was bad luck for Nadal aswell, tripping, slipping, ball hitting net and going out.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Nadal made less than 10 unforced errors, but still lost :eek:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
a little side comment away from the players - i went and try out the new court surfaces at olympic park yesterday, what they called the plexicushion. it does fluff up the ball a lot more than rebound ace, and it is a tad slower (which i enjoyed), but the bounce is still there. i like to dice up the ball a bit during points, and it really bites and turns for you, more than clay i'd say. overall i am one of the few who are actually happier with the new surface, it's gold.

any tennis enthusiasts should try it out.

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
even though shes been my batting material for the past week, i dont see ivanovic beating sharapova. Sharapova's form has been devastating
I repeat Tsonga and Ivanovic ftw! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)