Australian Open (1 Viewer)

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
at the beginning he obviously addressed him as Nadal bcoz he didnt know him very well..ever since then theyve played alot toghether theyve bcome sort of like friends except with the rivary thing going on.. i think hes genuine i dnt think its arrogance.

as to the thing u said about being gracious when ur on top.. well i think hes always been like that, when he loses n when he wins. im sure berdych wanted to win but federer is way 2 gud he shudnt even have lost those 2 sets, it takes a champion to come back from that ;)
Ok well I guess we have different opinions on the matter. Lol I'm not suggesting that hes insulting Nadal simply by not calling him by his nickname - I was just pointing out how 'chummy' he has become now that it has gotten to the point that he has to grudgingly acknowledge Nadal's achievements. If you read his press conferences throughout the Open, Fed has been directing remarks at Murray i.e. after the Berdych match as regards his fitness/experience and guess who has the winning record in that H2H?

If you look at his interviews from Wimbledon 2008, he was saying 'maybe' it was a bit dark, it got too late, funny bounce on the last ball (its grass mate) etc. but then again, Nadal had exactly the same conditions. They are not friends although of course they have a 'good' relationship.

Look, everyone behaves that way. Who doesn't get pissed off when they misss important points or things aren't going how they like - it's called human nature, something all players have in common with each other.
Uh mate, not denying that but if you compare the difference between when he is winning, and when he is losing it is immense. I have never heard him (after being beaten) simply admitting his opponent was the better player, without qualifying it in some subtle way.

Anyway, Nadal once again proves he is the fittest man on the tour bar none, of course I might be eating my words before the night (morning) is out. Granted Tobasco had a tougher path..Just hope whoever makes the final doesn't just hand it to Fed. This will go down as a mugfest, but one of the highest intensity

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Holy smoke, another set. Probably gonna be a 5-6h game. Fed must be so happy lol.

Roy9

HSC
Ah shit, Tsonga lost. Oh well, free pass to the final for Nadal now. I really can't see Ferdasco posing a threat to him
:rolleyes:

^ I'm still backing Nadal for the match.... just because of the fact he's Nadal.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If the games pass 6 each way, I think Nadal will win. For Verdasco to win, he has to break Nadal soon.

"Chubby"

HSC
Man no idea who's going to win between Nadal and Verdasco.

For the womens, GO SAFINAAA!!!

LordPc

HSC
Heh...could be only 42 hours by the time this is finished
true

I think Nadal had this one easily because he is so fit. I dont think Verdasco can go the distance. IMO Verdascos only chance is if he can somehow ace his way through his service games and go for cold winners during Nadal's

Kujah

HSC
N/A
He's going for broke now. Whats the count on his unforced errors? 100+?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, 3 match points. Longest match in Aus open history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)