Australian Open (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
wow at federer's match. 6-3 6-0 6-0 is unbelievable when you consider he was taking on a top ten player in the QF. he lost SIX POINTS in his last set.

rafa though does not look unbeatable - both simon and verdasco have picked up good form and are playing very well.
Indeed. I think Rafa will probably be able to contain Simon in 3 sets but I can see Verdasco taking a set of the No 1

But Verdasco or Simon could make it to the finals. No one expected baghdatis, gonzalez or Tsonga to make it there in recent years, could happen again this time around...

~caramello~

HSC
Indeed. I think Rafa will probably be able to contain Simon in 3 sets but I can see Verdasco taking a set of the No 1

But Verdasco or Simon could make it to the finals. No one expected baghdatis, gonzalez or Tsonga to make it there in recent years, could happen again this time around...
srsly doubt it.
their tennis is just not on the same level.
definitely fed and rafa in the finals...
and fed to take it in 4 :p

suzlee

HSC
Very disappointed to see Tsonga go.

All my favs are gone... except Fed but that's no surprise.

Anticipating on a Fed v Nadal final!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
i'm happy for Verdasco to defeat Jo-Wilfred Tsonga :D

:D:D

now time to see Gilles Simon give Rafael Nadal a 'small challenge'.

LordPc

HSC
srsly doubt it.
their tennis is just not on the same level.
definitely fed and rafa in the finals...
and fed to take it in 4 :p
Ha! Have you even watched the Australian Open in the past 3 years?

This game looks like it might be poor once again. Step it up Simon!

suzlee

HSC
That Safina v some russian match today was horrible. Felt sorry for everyone sitting in there having to believe it was a grand slam semi-final match.
Unforced error after another...

Serena better show her how it's done cos seriously, like Safina herself mentioned, she plays like a junior.

and it looks like it's gonna be a Nadal v Fed final just like I hoped! :D

LordPc

HSC
Looks like Roddick is learning to play with more aggression and risk, with some luck he will get close to winning the set and turning the match into a competition

~caramello~

HSC
Ha! Have you even watched the Australian Open in the past 3 years?

This game looks like it might be poor once again. Step it up Simon!
Of course i have.
Im not saying noone can beat federer and nadal.
Im just saying out of the current semi-finalists, noone is up to the same league.
And my predictions are coming true so far...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lulz during the match of serena and elena, it was squeaks galore lol, especially elena in the end, it got scary lol

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Elena's squeaks were hot

But goddamn I hope Rafa beats Verdasco (good tourney but not much chance to win the whole thing) and demolishes that prancing idiot Federer. That header in the Del Potro match was one of the most arrogant things I've seen on court. I don't have fond memories of the Tsonga match last year though so I'm quite wary, although Verdasco is admittedly a better matchup at the least.

Roy9

HSC
Elena's squeaks were hot

But goddamn I hope Rafa beats Verdasco (good tourney but not much chance to win the whole thing) and demolishes that prancing idiot Federer. That header in the Del Potro match was one of the most arrogant things I've seen on court. I don't have fond memories of the Tsonga match last year though so I'm quite wary, although Verdasco is admittedly a better matchup at the least.
Prancing idiot? Arrogant? Are you sure you're talking about Federer?...

LordPc

HSC
Its acceptable to do stuff like that if your losing, cause it shows you dont really care anymore.

But when you muck around like that when your winning, it also shows you dont really care and in that situation is does become a tad arrogant IMO

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Have to disagree man. He was just having a bit of fun for the crowd when the match was effectively over.

Arrogant and Federer do not belong in the same sentence. His play might be arrogant, but his attitude never is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)