Australian Open (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Can't wait to see Dokic tomorrow night, hope she kicks some serious Danish arse.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Can't wait to see Dokic tomorrow night, hope she kicks some serious Danish arse.

I like this idea very much!!!

SAFIN vs FEDERER is the bomb...!!! if only it was later in the tournament :(
gonna be a great match to watch!

suzlee

HSC
That tiny Spanish girl was amazing last night!!!

I dunno about anyone else but I always go for the 'weaker' players... (unless they're against my favourites)
It won't be much of a surprise if the stronger player wins but if the weaker one wins it will make big news :)

rafalution

HSC

I dunno about anyone else but I always go for the 'weaker' players... (unless they're against my favourites)
It won't be much of a surprise if the stronger player wins but if the weaker one wins it will make big news :)
The underdog?

Most people do go for the Underdog if they really have no preference before.

shakky15

HSC
I was very impressed with the way andy murray played last night, but i didnt like his body language when he loses a point (shoulders sag and head droops.. getas annoying)

HSC

Everyone likes to see an underdog come up trumps against a high ranked player. I really was sick of seeing matches between a Williams and a noname and naturally assumed Venus would win in straight sets. After the first, it looked like my prediction would be correct, but in the second and third Carla was brilliant. Especially since shes 5'4 and Venus is like 6'1.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Everyone likes to see an underdog come up trumps against a high ranked player. I really was sick of seeing matches between a Williams and a noname and naturally assumed Venus would win in straight sets. After the first, it looked like my prediction would be correct, but in the second and third Carla was brilliant. Especially since shes 5'4 and Venus is like 6'1.
Yeah, Carla was pretty good. :)
Its good to see someone new play and win a match.

Like that dude from Taiwan or Taipei.....the one that beat Nalbandian.

akrinis

HSC
What does everyone have against the higher-ranked players? Yes, while I love to see an underdog win, the notion of wanting to see a lower-ranked player beating a higher-ranked one in every match is a little silly, don't you think?

Say an underdog suddenly became big, and they come up against a lower ranked player are you going to stop supporting the higher ranked player? Of course not. The Williams' were underdogs at one stage in their early career too. Everyone starts somewhere. And the big players don't win every match; they're simply consistent.

On a related note, did you know Venus Williams was the one responsible for the French Open & Wimbledon's tournament officials rewarding the women the same amount of prizemoney in the Singles Event, in 2007 onwards? Prior to this, the men were payed higher prizemoney.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
omg, did u guys see the 7 news today at 6pm?

ethnic groups again going at it, throwing chairs at eachother.

if you head over to yahoo video u they have the story up Yahoo!7 Video - It's On

my feelings on the matter are in my blog

akrinis

HSC
Cheers for Jelena Dokic!! I didn't doubt that Dokic was going down after losing the first set - she was playing well and really kept tight with Wozniacki. Amazing to see her through to the 4th Round of the AUS OPEN! Her best performance here was years ago, where she lost in the 3rd round.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
YAY!
Jelena is through to the 4th round i'm so ecstatic.

Now i'm enjoying the Federer-Safin match.

Know it's gonna be a good match, so far enjoying what i see!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Omg, Jelena is on a roll! Knocked out two seeded players! Well done to her!!! :)

"Chubby"

HSC
congrats to Jelena Dokic!

omg can't believe that Ivanovic lost. Oh and V Williams as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)