Australian Open (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
Wow, I hate Sandy Roberts so f*cking much. He is so annoying and all he does is say statistics to try and make it sound like he knows what he's talking about...

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Safina defeated Dokic....ah wells

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Too many unforced errors... over the whole tournament too...

If she polishes up her game a bit she could easily be no. 1 imo...

LordPc

HSC
Well thats true, she could become no 1 if she plays like that and improves a little more.

Thing is that she in all likelihood wont play like that every match and hence wont get the no 1 ranking.

true rankings between women are constantly changing, but to get to no 1 you need to be fairly consistent. Just cause Dokic did well in the Oz Open doesnt mean she is going to do the same at the French, the US and wimbledon.

your trying to read the stars before it gets dark, if you get me ;) need to wait to see how she does in other tournaments without a crowd urging her on.

LordPc

HSC
Federer looks a bit too good tonight

Del Potro is going to get steamrolled in 3 sets if he doesnt step up his game soon

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Well thats true, she could become no 1 if she plays like that and improves a little more.

Thing is that she in all likelihood wont play like that every match and hence wont get the no 1 ranking.

true rankings between women are constantly changing, but to get to no 1 you need to be fairly consistent. Just cause Dokic did well in the Oz Open doesnt mean she is going to do the same at the French, the US and wimbledon.

your trying to read the stars before it gets dark, if you get me ;) need to wait to see how she does in other tournaments without a crowd urging her on.
good point, theres pretty much gonna be limited or no support for dokic at overseas tournaments, and shes gotten through all those rounds with a huge fan base right behind her, also I dont see world number 1 material in her atm, maybe if she improves significantly, but thats upto her own will...
Federer looks a bit too good tonight

Del Potro is going to get steamrolled in 3 sets if he doesnt step up his game soon
lol so true, Del Potro is being snapped like a little stick out there :jedi:

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Wow, I hate Sandy Roberts so f*cking much. He is so annoying and all he does is say statistics to try and make it sound like he knows what he's talking about...
QFT, in the same vein as Garry Wilkinson. Inane gasps of amazement at every winner hit by the Aussie and frequent allusions to golf. At least Bruce McAvaney does it with a certain zaniness.

Jim Courier really does have his tongue up Federer's ass though. He is fun sometimes I'll admit but should go easy on the superlatives, etc.

JA is pretty good, usually fair and unbiased commentary...i remember that incident with chela and hewitt a few years back where chela spat in hewitt's direction at the change of ends and all those airheads on sunrise were talking about bans or further action, etc. as if hewitt hasn't done worse cursing intimidating linesmen and obnoxious in your face bullshit. JA was level-headed and admitted (and what most of the oz public refuse to see) that there had been some provocation ie. hewitts unsportsmanlike "come ons" at his opponent's errors

I kinda miss J barrett and his proper english pronounced commentary, although i hated how he and most of the other commentators criticsed blake at a ridiculous level every single match he played. give the guy a break, so hes more an entertainer, so what, he had better careers than most of them and came from a far worse situation

kerryn pratt is probably my favourite female commentator if im watching a wta match, better than austin or molik

Oh and Rasheed is a tool and im glad his charge is out.

Last edited:
HSC
With the semis and finals approaching,

I'm putting my two cents on Federer or Roddick to win tournament :music:

Theres also the possibility that they both might meet in the finals...

LordPc

HSC
With the semis and finals approaching,

I'm putting my two cents on Federer or Roddick to win tournament :music:

Theres also the possibility that they both might meet in the finals...
Actually they are playing eachother in the semis

I think Verdasco has found some nice form and can make it to the final is he keeps it up.

Fed to easily beat Roddick, Rafa to easily beat Simon (as he did last year, no?)

HSC
Actually they are playing eachother in the semis

I think Verdasco has found some nice form and can make it to the final is he keeps it up.

Fed to easily beat Roddick, Rafa to easily beat Simon (as he did last year, no?)
lol yeah I checked, Federer and Roddick are playing each other in the semis. It seems as though Federer can easily beat Roddick, but I kinda want Roddick to win, he's like the dark horse of the tournament.

Yeah I think Rafa can easily beat Simon.

My guess for finals:

Federer vs Nadal or Roddick vs Nadal

Womens tennis is kinda boring now since most of the popular players are out of or not in the draw, but I think Serena might win.

Roy9

HSC
Ah shit, Tsonga lost. Oh well, free pass to the final for Nadal now. I really can't see Ferdasco posing a threat to him

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
how about we finally get nadal vs federer final at the aus open

georgefren

HSC
wow at federer's match. 6-3 6-0 6-0 is unbelievable when you consider he was taking on a top ten player in the QF. he lost SIX POINTS in his last set.

rafa though does not look unbeatable - both simon and verdasco have picked up good form and are playing very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)