• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
just cut the rope not like their dinghies are going to be able to keep up
This country is very resolute in its desire not to have good diplomatic relations with our closest neighbour which also happens to be the third largest populace on earth. It seems matched only by our desire to tick China off, wtf was Rudd playing it telling the EU to take military precautions against China and India?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yeah because china isn't pissing us off either

tit for tat

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Yeah ok, the speech still wasn't helpful.
i think if you summed up kevin rudds action vis a vis sino-australian relations, it's in the black

theres always going to be ups and downs, international relations is a rollercoaster

Lentern

HSC
i think if you summed up kevin rudds action vis a vis sino-australian relations, it's in the black

theres always going to be ups and downs, international relations is a rollercoaster
The public service don't agree. The gist of it is that most Foreign Ministers/Prime Ministers will do what DFAT tells them on such matters, Rudd with his experience in Foreign Affairs and China was more inclined to formulate the policy himself and, for all his considerable abilities,those in DFAT who dedicated every day of their working life to understanding China and diplomatic relations, tend to think they know better.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
The public service don't agree. The gist of it is that most Foreign Ministers/Prime Ministers will do what DFAT tells them on such matters, Rudd with his experience in Foreign Affairs and China was more inclined to formulate the policy himself and, for all his considerable abilities,those in DFAT who dedicated every day of their working life to understanding China and diplomatic relations, tend to think they know better.
ah i didn't know this. i don't really keep up with rudd politics. i'm not surprised though, this is typical rudd behaviour isn't it?

i'm still not convinced he, personally, has offended china that much. obviously the less offense the better, though.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
legalfags tell me

can Tony Abbott REALLY make good his promise of towing every asylum seeker back to Indonesia or is he just posturing to keep those poll numbers up?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yes, only when they reach sovereign waters though (12+12 nautical miles from the coast) and only if you do not contradict your responsibilities for safety of life on the seas

you know if you caught them fishing you might be able to kick them out for unauthorised commercial activity in our EEZ

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
yes, only when they reach sovereign waters though (12+12 nautical miles from the coast) and only if you do not contradict your responsibilities for safety of life on the seas

you know if you caught them fishing you might be able to kick them out for unauthorised commercial activity in our EEZ
so what you're saying is they're going to make the clearance divers or even the SAS plant some fishing rods on each boat

noice

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
so what you're saying is they're going to make the clearance divers or even the SAS plant some fishing rods on each boat

noice
dressing up as a customs/defence forces diver, planting some fishing poles, getting some footage and selling it to ACA/TT is in the nature of the australian entrepreneurial spirit

Garygaz

HSC
that's actually the most hilarious idea i've ever heard

Garygaz

HSC
'peter overton here with the 6 oclock news, more illegal fishers sent back to indonesia tonight, the 5th boat this month'

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
dressing up as a customs/defence forces diver, planting some fishing poles, getting some footage and selling it to ACA/TT is in the nature of the australian entrepreneurial spirit
someone else rep this post this is sensational

AlfStewart

Banned
HSC
um no

how many fucking times weve heard in the past 3 years that JULIA GILLARD'S career as pm is about to end soon

no fuck off youre going to have to wait till the next election im afraid

a c

HSC
so what you're saying is, the government doesn't have enough time to introduce legislation that The People don't want
There is majority (~60 something %) popular support for poker machine regulation.

Business interest lobbying riding roughshod over public interests, business as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)