• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (3 Viewers)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
excuse me are you questioning the legitimacy of popular elections in the central kingdom under heaven?

Lentern

HSC
How is this not the same thing as China in events such as this

I love you
I wasn't mucking around that time, it's true. When Whitlam tried to call a half senate election in 1975 he said if Labor won a majority in the senate they'd get rid of it. The Labor Legislative Councillor s who voted to abolish the upper house in QLD were nicknamed the suicide squad.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
excuse me are you questioning the legitimacy of popular elections in the central kingdom under heaven?
well popular elections where you can vote for either the Communist Party (Labor) or the Communist Party (KAP) seem pretty legit

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Pauline Hanson for PM 13. She would help put us back on track at least.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I've seen a few of your posts just in the last 10 minutes and I hope to Christ you are not fucking serious, in anything you say.
I certainly am serious. Pauling Hanson has some views that are a bit to the right of mainstream, although that is what Australia requires to put us back on track and improve Australia.

Annihilist

HSC
I certainly am serious. Pauling Hanson has some views that are a bit to the right of mainstream, although that is what Australia requires to put us back on track and improve Australia.
Please enlighten me as to how it would "improve Australia".

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Please enlighten me as to how it would "improve Australia".
Fix our border security issues. Fix our multiculturalism issues where currently we have entire ghetto-esqe suburbs where immigrants have failed to assimilate. I'm not saying all problems could be solved, but it could help to prevent further problems from developing. Australia has become too politically correct to the extent where children can't even sing merry Christmas in schools anymore as it might offend someone.

Annihilist

HSC
Fix our border security issues. Fix our multiculturalism issues where currently we have entire ghetto-esqe suburbs where immigrants have failed to assimilate. I'm not saying all problems could be solved, but it could help to prevent further problems from developing. Australia has become too politically correct to the extent where children can't even sing merry Christmas in schools anymore as it might offend someone.
I would disagree with border security and multiculturalism "issues". I don't think multiculturalism is a problem and I don't think people should be forced to "assimilate" when they come to Australia. It is not the government's job to force people to be the same, and to practice within the same culture as Australians. It is not the government's job to force immigrants to assimilate and conform. And it is not the government's job to decide what cultural practices are "acceptable" in Australian culture.

My problem with One Nation and Pauline Hanson is the Australian elitism and nationalism, as though Australian culture is "best" and we have to preserve it. That's bullshit. Our multiculturalism "issues" are not due to different cultures coming to Australia. They are due to intolerance and an inability of "proud nationalist" Australians to accept cultural diversity and multiculturalism. The only reason multiculturalism is an "issue" is because you think it is an issue.

As for the "Merry Christmas" thing, well, I haven't heard anything about that. But I believe in offending and provoking people and I think that we shouldn't censor anything just because it might "offend" people.

One Nation and/or Pauline Hanson may solve some problems, but I think their authoritarian nature will cause more problems than they solve. I believe it is the government's job to make the lives of people easier, and to make it easier for individuals to make personal choices, and not to create laws prohibiting personal choices.

I say vote Sex Party.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Well, Australian culture IS the best (in Australia) and we MUST preserve it. If immigrants don't want to assimilate then they should have stayed where they were.

I don't know much about the sex party.

Lentern

HSC
Well, Australian culture IS the best (in Australia) and we MUST preserve it. If immigrants don't want to assimilate then they should have stayed where they were.

I don't know much about the sex party.
Australian culture what now

Annihilist

HSC
I don't know if you're ignorant, stupid, or just an asshole. There is so much wrong with that statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)