Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Nope. There is a difference between identifying failures & faults in a persons culture (not racist), and saying that all people of X skin colour are bad (racist).

Lentern

HSC
Queensland has only one house, right?

Holy dictatorship batman
Well I mean, in a parliamentary system a majority of 68 or whatever he has is not really any different to a majority of one so his powers are really no more far reaching than Bligh, Beattie and Goss have wielded for the better part of the last twenty five years, nor really any different to the powers John Howard wielded from 2004-2007.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Still, he is probably going to screw over Queenslanders now.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The author of that article is a convicted racist you idiot.
Small point, although Andrew Bolt may have been found to have contravened the Racial Discrimination Act, he wasn't convicted of anything.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Only thing I remember is Newman wanting to repeal Bligh's civil unions for homosexual couples (only remember this because of Katter's ad).
personally not a fan of this repeal, but i think its a bit of a stretch to say he is "screwing over Queensland".

we'll just have to wait and see.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Liberals always screw the people. They are good for business though.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Liberals always screw the people. They are good for business though.
Yes the labor party has always created a utopia where everyone is happy and the liberal party is always there to ruin the day.

Pls dont be ridiculous solo

delian

HSC
N/A
Well I mean, in a parliamentary system a majority of 68 or whatever he has is not really any different to a majority of one so his powers are really no more far reaching than Bligh, Beattie and Goss have wielded for the better part of the last twenty five years, nor really any different to the powers John Howard wielded from 2004-2007.
exactly. a large majority, and an overwhelming majority don't have that much difference in practical significance.

Lentern

HSC
so wait QLD don't have an upper house?

hahaha what
It is Labor party policy that if they ever seize both houses of parliament they blow up the upper one because they believe it is unrepresentative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)