Australian Politics (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lentern said:
I pick the intellectual mean of the audience and pitch at them. .
This is a meaningless statement
Lentern said:
...Brent has for a while now demonstrated an ability to see through the glamourous narratives about politics and actually identify what caused what.

--
I realise that the education system has failed you 08ers, but put more thought into your expression and grammar plz. Western civilization is at stake.

Lentern

HSC
Iron said:

--
I realise that the education system has failed you 08ers, but put more thought into your expression and grammar plz. Western civilization is at stake.
Loath to result to cheap immature calls but I may indulge in them just this once and throw a little "you'd know all about meaningless statements wouldn't you" about the place.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
???
Seriously Lentern, I like you. It's hard not to. But your expression is aweful. I barely follow what you are saying.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
???
Seriously Lentern, I like you. It's hard not to. But your expression is aweful. I barely follow what you are saying.
Lentern is 10 times more cohorent than you are, Iron. :(

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Lentern is 10 times more cohorent than you are, Iron. :(
But what we need is coherence my dear boy

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Very coherent. I tips me tinfoil hats to ye

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
It was as any such documentary should be. Not critical with the benefit of hindsight. But an insight into the decision making at the time, with frank dialogue from those involved.

What really stirred me was the conviction with which Howard spoke on issues to an opposing crowd. Firearms. Native Title. Tax Reform. Striking the fist on the lectern. Not being scared to face a crowd completely opposed to his views. Really stirring stuff.

Many doubt his conviction. And indeed it may have waned in later years.

But it is something completely absent from our leaders today.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, i'd agree with that. He had balls to take on crowds like that. It's something that no modern politician would dare to do today. We barely even have political rallies - it's all doorstops, press conferences and announcements to select groups of media/business/gvt/party elites
I'd agree with you on conviction, but it was hardly stirring. Just brave, in a cringing way. He came close to inspiration with a dawn service address at Gallipoli, but that was it imo. Give me the classic poltician stirring and persuading a crowd with rhetoric

kokodamonkey

HSC
incentivation said:
It was as any such documentary should be. Not critical with the benefit of hindsight. But an insight into the decision making at the time, with frank dialogue from those involved.

What really stirred me was the conviction with which Howard spoke on issues to an opposing crowd. Firearms. Native Title. Tax Reform. Striking the fist on the lectern. Not being scared to face a crowd completely opposed to his views. Really stirring stuff.

Many doubt his conviction. And indeed it may have waned in later years.

But it is something completely absent from our leaders today.
I Agree 100%. To see him explain things to the abos and to the Gun Folk and to stand by what he believes is best for our country, just shows how great a person he is.

Lentern

HSC
Iron said:
???
Oh gee whiz golly how can I brush off the criticism after you said you liked me? I will note and your objection and will get to it by the end of Nathan Rees.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Turnbull said, in defending Obama against Howard's remarks:

"All of us who have the interests of free countries at heart will be hoping and praying, if they've got a mind to do that, for Barack Obama's success."

Is Turnbull non-religious? It's not exactly a comment you'd expect from somebody with a firm belief in god.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He's very very Catholic actually
And I assume that youve misunderstood the comment?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
He's very very Catholic actually
And I assume that youve misunderstood the comment?
No, I didn't. He's clearly saying pray for Obama's success, if you're somebody who prays.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, and that makes him 'non-religious' because...?

HSC
lol omg 10 YEARS OF LABOUR LOOK AT TH EFUCKING DEFICIT YOU TROLL CUNTS I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN HELL.

HSC
Iron said:
Rudd doesnt have a speechwriter. The Apology was worked on for a long time with heavy consultation, but a PM cant do that for every speech. He's crap as a result. The rememberance day speech today was woeful. Read like a HSC textbook -'Australia was apart of the Great War. There were 80,000 killed and 150,000 wounded. This was horrifying.' etc.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24674666-601,00.html

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He exists!
But he's not trusted. Being a loner is probably a fatal flaw for a PM.
Don Watson was trusted. He would whip something up for Keats, shove it in his jacked, pat him on the bum, and the big man would only read it once at the podium.
Well sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)