Australia's 2010 World Cup Qualifying Campaign (1 Viewer)

spiny norman

HSC
icraig88 said:
Emerton?! Are you fucking nuts?! He'd be one of the top handful in our current squad.

Jacob Burns, while wrong, is at least not as completely fucking ridiculous as Brett Emerton.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
That was the best performance in a competitive game since the end of Germany '06 by Australia. Composed with the ball, organised in defence. Kewell was excellent, and the whole of the back four played brilliantly. I wish Kennedy played, we might have had a couple more goals if he was on the field instead of Holman.

At least we're looking the goods, which is always pleasing.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
There was no balance on the midfield, Brett Holman had all the time and space to do whatever he wanted, moaned the coach.

"Nigel de Jong, Mark van Bommel and Rafael van der Vaart had trouble anticipating his movement and need to learn from this match"

Dutch coach > bosers

Charizard

HSC
To the mupper who actually tried to insult Emerton....You clearly have never watched a fucking game of football in your life dude.

He's easily one of our better players. Opinion thus forth disregarded

lolman gets himself into good positions but there is no doubt he is a worse finisher then you could find from any local state league team.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Charizard said:
To the mupper who actually tried to insult Emerton....You clearly have never watched a fucking game of football in your life dude.

He's easily one of our better players. Opinion thus forth disregarded

lolman gets himself into good positions but there is no doubt he is a worse finisher then you could find from any local state league team.
are you fucking stupid? ive played and watched football almost all my fucking life. if you look at emerton, he tries to be too fucking fancy by beating too many players and instantly switches possession over. on how many occasions hes done that i dont fucking know. seriously hes done it heaps in the past and continues to do it.

but i do admit he does have his moments in the spotlight.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
australia vs bahrain next thursday morning cannot fucking wait. strong squad we have on and bahrain with four players suspended i think i read.

24 man squad named:

Mark Bresciano (Palermo), Jacob Burns (Unirea), Tim Cahill (Everton), David Carney (Sheffield Utd), Chris Coyne (Colchester Utd), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven), Bruce Djite (Genclerbirligi), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers), Adam Federici (Reading), Richard Garcia (Hull City), Vincenzo Grella (Blackburn Rovers), Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar), Josh Kennedy (Karlsruhe), Harry Kewell (Galatasaray), Scott McDonald (Celtic), Craig Moore (Queensland Roar), Lucas Neill (West Ham), Michael Petkovic (Sivasspor), Mark Schwarzer (Fulham), Matthew Spiranovic (Nurnberg), Shane Stefanutto (Lyn Oslo), Mile Sterjovski (Derby County), Carl Valeri (Grosseto), Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow).

looks the goods.

edit: craig moore won't be there due to his testicular cancer problem. they said he'd be resting for the next few weeks

spiny norman

HSC
First half has been very ugh-worthy.

I'd be hardpressed to recall the last time I ever saw an Australian team play in so lacksadaisical a way.

Seemed to improve in the last five minutes or so (or perhaps Bahrain's tired out after actually, you know, giving an effort for the 40 minutes preceding), but when Wilkshire's your best player you know there's a problem.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
GOAL Bresciano!!!!! Socceroo's win it 1 - 0!!

Latest of goals in injury time (91st minute). I thought Bahrain looked the goods tonight.

Aussies didn't deserve the win tonight, but one nil is still one nil.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
that was by far the shittest australian performance ive seen in a long time. possession was turned over far too easily and bahrain closed us down every time an offensive move up field was made. feel sorry for them. but thats what you get when you dont take advantage of golden opportunities. jaycee john was by far the man of the match.

and fucking japan beat qatar, was hoping for a draw.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
if bahrain and qatar draw later tonight then we're guaranteed qualification :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)