• Total voters

Pace_T

HSC
hi
just wondering how many ppl drive auto compared to manual

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I drive auto, mainly because I haven't got access to a manual car and prefer auto.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Male. Auto.
We got a manual just after I had done my 50 hours so I just got my p's for auto.
Ill learn the manual properly when I get some time.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Auto. Can drive manual, but it's shit grinding gears in city traffic. Manual is much better, though, if you want to have more fun.

Jiga

Male -> Auto

Currently I prefer Auto, driving to uni for ages coupla times a week I dont want to have to stuff around with changing gears, just wanna relax as much as possible. Its also lame to see people in complete shit boxes with Manuals trying to act as if their car is something its not, butchering the gears.

In the future when I get a decent car and dont drive as much, I think I will drive/learn manual.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Female, manual.

As I've said before, I think everyone should have to be able to drive a manual. But meh.

I drive ~2hrs for uni every day, and manual doesn't worry me. Auto's are boring, and in many ways, I believe more dangerous, because its so easy to tune out. I also find I speed a lot more in an auto, because its harder to keep a check on how you're going without looking at the speedo.

Jinzo

HSC
I'm currently on my Ls and driving auto but I want to learn manual when my driving skills are perfected.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Manual - Female
Going for P's in July (I have the hours, I just want more hours :))
It's quite easy actually because I live in the country where you're constantly in 4th/5th gear just cruising the long desserted roads. Love it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Komit said:
Auto. Can drive manual, but it's shit grinding gears in city traffic. Manual is much better, though, if you want to have more fun.
Yep. This is why I [am a male and] drive auto.

I see no real purpose in anyone driving a manual other than those who like to indulge in stupid fantasies about being race drivers.

Gangels

HSC
I'd drive a manual.......if we had one. But we dont:) I'll just keep my auto. I feel like im not driving though. Just navigating. Its gay.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
hipsta_jess said:
As I've said before, I think everyone should have to be able to drive a manual. But meh.
In some countries (eg. Malaysia) it's compulsory to sit your test in a manual car. Doubt that would ever take off here though.

Captain Gh3y said:
Yep. This is why I [am a male and] drive auto.

I see no real purpose in anyone driving a manual other than those who like to indulge in stupid fantasies about being race drivers.
The funny thing in what you said is there's actually an element of truth. I guess I'd like to learn to drive manual one day, not just for the 'fantasy' aspect, but I think it'd be good to know. Sure more and more cars are going automatic, but for some cars, even if I wasn't racing, I wouldn't want to be driving an automatic Evo (should one ever come out?) or WRX.

Jinzo said:
I'm currently on my Ls and driving auto but I want to learn manual when my driving skills are perfected.
Ditto except I'm on Red P's.

HSC
mmmm...what exactly, is there to 'perfect' in an auto car..?
gas, brake..and steering?..or maybe driving while fiddling with the audio controls.:p

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
mmmm...what exactly, is there to 'perfect' in an auto car..?
gas, brake..and steering?..or maybe driving while fiddling with the audio controls.:p
He said, perfect driving skills... moron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)