B. Medicine UAI (1 Viewer)

la chat

HSC
N/A
hey, does anyone know the cut of UAI for B.medicine at either Sydney or NWS uni. thanx

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
I knew that it was 99.95 for Sydney. But what about UNSW? Isn't it lower than that?
yeah it is lower

UNSW ---> min. 95.00 (or 90.00 for Rural), + interview + UMAT

EDIT: I am just reading the 2008 UAC guide and it says that for UNSW B Medicine/ B Surgery, the assumed knowledge is STANDARD English it says nothing about Advanced English lol :lol:

UWS ---> min. 95.00 (or 93.00 if you live in the Greater Western Sydney Region) + UMAT + interview

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
Medicine/ B Surgery, the assumed knowledge is STANDARD English it
Hahahaha... that's funny.

I always thought Medicine/ B Surgery was the most difficult couse to get into.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
How well do you think you'd do in the interview if you were only doing standard english anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
How well do you think you'd do in the interview if you were only doing standard english anyway.
I don't think Standard English would limit your chance of performing well in interview. Interview is interview. They would not suddenly ask, "Tell me what you wrote about Romeo & Juliet in your HSC".

However, Advanced English would definitely help in a sense that you may be able to speak with better use of vocabularly and composition.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahaha... that's funny.

I always thought Medicine/ B Surgery was the most difficult couse to get into.
Yeah it is, but it says it very clearly for UNSW MBBS (unless they got it wrong or something):

Assumed Knowledge: English Standard.

Recommended Studies: Chemistry
Source: UAC 2008 Guide

i lol'd :rofl:

However, Advanced English would definitely help in a sense that you may be able to speak with better use of vocabularly and composition.
not necessarily. and i don't think they really care whether or not you use fancier words or not. its more what you say rather than how you say it.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I meant more asin looking for challenging work rather than picking an easier course so you can

LOL SMASHI T N GET 100

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Wow that's weird Sydney Uni always pops up these Health-science degrees. Jeez, no need for any medical admissions tests via this method as well.

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
yeah it is lower

UNSW ---> min. 95.00 (or 90.00 for Rural), + interview + UMAT

EDIT: I am just reading the 2008 UAC guide and it says that for UNSW B Medicine/ B Surgery, the assumed knowledge is STANDARD English it says nothing about Advanced English lol :lol:

UWS ---> min. 95.00 (or 93.00 if you live in the Greater Western Sydney Region) + UMAT + interview
WOW, no fucking way! I am soooo transferring, fuckers.

ssglain

HSC
Don't underestimate MBBS at UNSW/UWS just because of the cut. Only in extremely rare and exceptional case do people with those UAIs get admitted. Rumour has last year's average UAI for UNSW MBBS as 99.70.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
ssglain said:
Don't underestimate MBBS at UNSW/UWS just because of the cut. Only in extremely rare and exceptional case do people with those UAIs get admitted. Rumour has last year's average UAI for UNSW MBBS as 99.70.
I heard it was 99.6 :shy:

Anyway, the minimum requirement for UNSW MBBS has always been (at least in the past 4 years from memory) Standard English. In terms of content learnt in the HSC context, there would be nothing that differentiates a standard and an advanced student. However there is the valid point that it is difficult to score 'well' in standard thus making it difficult also to score the required uai cutoff.

Note ESL is not a minimum requirement (which covers completely different content from standard/advanced).

re: lyounamu, Romeo and Juliet is not a set text for HSC English.

Hey Sophie, is it really true that USYD is offering Commerce / Medicine next year? :confused:

ssglain

HSC
Bobness said:
Hey Sophie, is it really true that USYD is offering Commerce / Medicine next year? :confused:
Yes. B Commerce/MBBS or B Economics/MBBS. It's a brilliant idea. Train doctors to treat patients and scrape a sizeable profit. :rofl:

Before you know it, they're going to be offering B Architecture/MBBS. :)

Yet they won't let me enrol in B Sc (Adv Maths)/MBBS.

shaon0

HSC
ssglain said:
Yes. B Commerce/MBBS or B Economics/MBBS. It's a brilliant idea. Train doctors to treat patients and scrape a sizeable profit. :rofl:

Before you know it, they're going to be offering B Architecture/MBBS. :)

Yet they won't let me enrol in B Sc (Adv Maths)/MBBS.
Lost in a calabi-Yau?....You must be a maths freak...lol...Topology sucks since the poincare conjecture has been proved

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)