[B]Which breed are you? (1 Viewer)

where do you come from?

• Total voters

Hannah65

lesmiester_dj said:
catholic schools are different to private schools...damn...shuda put religious schools

well anyway, in a catholic school, they force you to do either religious studies or studies of religion..

but again i meant private as in needing cash to be admitted in. whereas a catholic school, is privately owned anyway. it's a well-known fact...yeh... :cool:
I go to a Lutheran Private School... which I ticked as a private school on your poll.. but at our school we also have to do religious studies.. its a requirement of the school board.... so its not just catholic schools who have that rule... but also at my school you have to pay lots of money to be admitted... so yeah.. I mean if thats what you mean as the difference between catholic and private... then they can be easily in both....
Also as all catholic schools are classed a private schools... wouldn't they be privately owned anyway?

Hannah65

obzedyon said:
With Religious Schools, it's not like you have to be religious anyway. Although I did hear that you have to be baptised or whatever it is. Sorry, I'm not very religiously-literate.

And yes, it does seem that each year becomes smarter and smarter. Which leads to year 7s thinking that they're so amazingly brilliant and that they can mouth off to whomever they wish.

Sorry, I recognise this rant is somewhat in vain :uhhuh:
Most "religious" schools allow anybody to attend there .... its just that usually preferance is given to people of that particular denomination or religion. Usually if you parents say that they are the particular religion thats enough for the school to give them preference.. the baptising or confirmation or anything else doesn't usually even come into play. The only reason why preferance is given to families who follow a particular religon is because they would rather the school keep its religious tendencies and good reputation, than become like a private public school.

rumour

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
i am just wondering. how many of you are selective government, non-selective government, private or catholic, or one that is not listed. this could determine the number of smart people that come to Bored Of Studies :p
Sorry :(

I'm one of the "stupid" ones

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hannah65 said:
Most "religious" schools allow anybody to attend there .... its just that usually preferance is given to people of that particular denomination or religion. Usually if you parents say that they are the particular religion thats enough for the school to give them preference.. the baptising or confirmation or anything else doesn't usually even come into play. The only reason why preferance is given to families who follow a particular religon is because they would rather the school keep its religious tendencies and good reputation, than become like a private public school.
my bro is gonna go to a religious skool and he isnt of their religion the only thing is all students have to take SOR 1u in HSC

GO GOVT NON-SELECTIVE SCHOOLS!!!! just coz we aint selective doesnt mean we are not smart!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Hannah65 said:

the religious school near me makes people of different religions to take a test and have an interview and all this crap just to get in. But the people of the religion are straight in, regardless of their reputation at different schools (like if they got expelled or something)

i can see the point of it.. but i have this tiny feeling that its kinda wrong...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Hannah65 said:
I go to a Lutheran Private School... which I ticked as a private school on your poll.. but at our school we also have to do religious studies.. its a requirement of the school board.... so its not just catholic schools who have that rule... but also at my school you have to pay lots of money to be admitted... so yeah.. I mean if thats what you mean as the difference between catholic and private... then they can be easily in both....
Also as all catholic schools are classed a private schools... wouldn't they be privately owned anyway?

catholic school are part of a differnt organisation than private and government schools.

E

eling

lol not that marni ppl voted coz they're worried dat ppl can c wot skoo deir from...if everyone voted 80% of the members r lyke from selective n priv skooz -_-"

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
eling said:
lol not that marni ppl voted coz they're worried dat ppl can c wot skoo deir from...if everyone voted 80% of the members r lyke from selective n priv skooz -_-"
LOL never thought of that.

c'mon people. we want the truth!!! oh yeah we can handle teh truth....ok that just sounded lame... :p

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Haha, did anyone else notice that government is spelt wrong in the voting options?

</selective school member>

:D haha sorry, couldn't resist nitpicking

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
MedNez said:
Haha, did anyone else notice that government is spelt wrong in the voting options?

</selective school member>

:D haha sorry, couldn't resist nitpicking
LOL i did notice after i posted it...but it was too late. as is with everything else that happens when they happen..

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
eling said:
Could you repeat that in English? I only speak English and a bit of Latin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)