Bachelor of Commerce and majoring in marketing (1 Viewer)

JoannaS2

HSC
Hey is anyone taking this course? And can you tell me:
- content
- contact hours
- workload
- work experience

and if it's better to combine it with arts or do comm (international) is you want to learn a language and travel overseas?

Any other thouhts would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!! =D

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Do the compulsory subjects of commerce first, then decide if you want to major in marketing

content
my peers have said the introductory marketing course, at unsw, was quite shit

contact hours
12 hours a week

workload
low/average compared to other specializations in commerce, extremely qualitative

work experience
poor

is it better to combine it with arts or do comm (international) if you want to learn a language and travel overseas?

1. if you want to learn a language try tafe/private classes, they would be cheaper than learning at university and would not put pressure on you
2. if you want to travel overseas, book a holiday with flight centre or something, comm international is for exchange

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Which university are you looking at? Each university has different combined programs, exchange options, and work experience opportunities. For example, Macquarie has units that you can do as part of your degree for work experience i.e. you do an internship with academic credit.

TheExpert

HSC
N/A
I was actually leaning towards information systems and marketing or information systems and human resource management, but i'm not too sure what jobs I can get with them.

JoannaS2

HSC
i thinking about about USYD and UNSW? Would COmmerce (Int) be a better option?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
i thinking about about USYD and UNSW? Would COmmerce (Int) be a better option?
Not sure about USyd/UNSW, at Macquarie, you can pick a B Arts with B Commerce; in the B Arts pick the language that you want to study, and in the B Commerce pick the marketing major. For exchange, join the Global Leadership Program, which can be added to your transcript when you graduate, and apply for a grant for the travel.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I was actually leaning towards information systems and marketing or information systems and human resource management, but i'm not too sure what jobs I can get with them.
Depends on your interests, your degree and your experiences. In general, for graduate programs - a B Commerce etc can apply for generalist streams and any other stream that is related to your major. E.g. if you did a double major of Marketing and HR, you can apply for; generalist, marketing and HR streams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)