Bachelor of Law at University of New England (1 Viewer)

zacksolo

HSC
Hi, i am in sydney and have chosen law as one of my preferences. I was wondering what your opinion of law at UNE is? or would i be better off studying law at university of western sydney, however i heard that it is bad compared to UNE. Also is it difficult to transfer to a sydney uni after the first year if i need to move back?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Zack

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
apples and oranges chief...

which uni you go to doesn't hold much bearing on your job prospects (honestly, you are taught from teachers that have attended a collection of universities... you are being taught the way they have been taught... terribly... been to many universities and I can tell you they are all shit)...

However, if you are going by rep; UNE and UWS are pretty much on par with each other IMHO... (the university you go to really doesn't matter but... I've seen Melbourne Uni students moot and they are not that great; they are good but not great...)

Its easier to transfer internally and harder to transfer from another uni... transfers can be rather difficult for a course like law (far too many people want to do it, I really can't comprehend why.) However, transfers are possible... one of my mates transferred from Deakin criminology to Deakin law... he is a really smart cookie but; they expect you to have a really high GPA before they even consider on letting you transfer...

Last edited:

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I think you can always pursue Graduate school at a different uni, even if you do your undergrad somewhere else. I think it will be near impossible to trasnfer to sydney uni though, you'll have to stick with UNE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)