Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I got drunk and walked along King Street with no shoes on. Can I be an honorary Novocastrian too?

P.S. The Clarendon sucked :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
katie tully said:
I got drunk and walked along King Street with no shoes on. Can I be an honorary Novocastrian too?

P.S. The Clarendon sucked :(
Heh, been there, done that. You are so in.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
that's coz only u and b2bap go there.

plus this forum isn't so much a uni forum but a newcastle forum in general...
Hahah, what are you, stalking her?

Totally walked down Hunter St with no shoes on..and got GLASS in my foot, ROCK ON :D But the Clarendon does not suck - they do ridiculously nice salt and pepper squid! Yum!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It could have been Hunter Street? No, it was the street behind the Clarendon, with the Town Hall. We stayed in the Clarendon, they were a bunch of doodles. But the food was ok, A+ wedges.

And yes, lots of glass. I can't guarantee I didn't contract AIDS.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh that's King.

I like their aioli....but it's the same as like all the other restaurants' aioli. Just like how I think they all buy the same beer-battered chips :p Mmmm.

Matt we should hang sometime soon, it's been freaking ages :)

Cerry

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
UAI is (supposedly) reflective of only the supply & demand for a course

The number of places for teaching at Newcastle is very large (~1000 in all fields, I couldn't tell you exactly how many of those spots are for primary teachers)

And the interest in doing teaching among the "academically elite" at high schools is fairly low, with plenty of exceptions obviously.

So the UAI has dropped steadily over the last few years from mid-70s to a flat 60... in reality you can probably get in with under 60, but they tend to have a minimum figure they're willing to publish as it's too embarrassing otherwise.

If you're a local there's a 4 point bonus as well, so you could effectively get in with anything over about 50.

I'm doing secondary so I won't comment on the course, although the first year education subjects are general for all teachers, and mostly purely academic/theoretical that you may or may not find useful or interesting.

The faculty itself has (or has had recently) some great academics and achieved a lot in terms of its research being taken up by schools, I don't know of any other uni in NSW that's done more in that way.
Thanks, that's really useful. Based on the other stuff I've heard, it's just not a very popular course, rather than crap, and that kinda confirms it :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh that, and in person.
I'm at uni tomorrow at some point. You there?

Virious

HSC
em_516 said:
Hahah, what are you, stalking her?

Totally walked down Hunter St with no shoes on..and got GLASS in my foot, ROCK ON :D But the Clarendon does not suck - they do ridiculously nice salt and pepper squid! Yum!
hunter street mall is fucking awesome i love that place and not just cause of the shops >< but cause u meet an asortment of ppl there its great!
:D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh that, and in person.
I'm at uni tomorrow at some point. You there?
you two are gonna get naked

Virious said:
hunter street mall is fucking awesome i love that place and not just cause of the shops >< but cause u meet an asortment of ppl there its great!
:D
I'm so not a fan of it. It's good for something different, but that's about it. The shops are all chain stores (and there are clones closer to my house), there's always annoying buskers or charity cunts and parking is painful.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Except not because he's not there and neither am I, SURPRISE. I need to go in tomorrow instead, blargh.

I don't really like Hunter St Mall either. I mean it's kinda nice out in the open but yeh, there's nothing new.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Meh, if I really wanted to go to a DJ I'd go to kotara, since it's hell closer.

Although the parking at westfield is rediculously shit.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
It is not. So tired of that. There's plenty, esp. on the roof :p You just have to pick your times. And there's a lot more pedestrian access into the centre now so parking in the right spot on the roof even is still a pretty good option and puts you where you want to be reasonably quickly in my opinion.

Kotara love. :eek:

~untitled~

HSC
No emily, the parking at westfield IS shit. I had to wait for heaps of time to get a park, and all i wanted was a stupid music book.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
YOU'RE shit. Choose your times better, gosh. :p I pretty much never have issues hey.

I haven't tried it on yet but my mum is fixing my dress. Apparently it was an easy solution (haha, I'm so not a dress-maker) YAY!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
There probably are plenty of parks, but I have no idea where they all are. The carpark is a maze and takes so much time to navigate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)